budding

four

third person pov

the next day yuqi walks into the lecture hall feeling refreshed and uplifted, sliding into the empty seat beside shuhua.

sifting through her backpack as shuhua looks at her in confusion, yuqi pulls out a pack of lollipops and waves them in front of her face. shuhua breaks out into a grin and wraps her arm around yuqi's shoulders, neither noticing the blush creeping across their cheeks.

"i'm guessing you managed to track down miyeon to raid her not-so-secret stash of candy?"

yuqi giggles and lays her head on shuhua's shoulder, unwrapping a lollipop and popping it into her mouth. she didn't know why, but she feels nervous energy corsing through her veins. her fingers are tingling, and a shiver runs down her spine. pushing the thought to the back of her mind, she pulls the lollipop out of her mouth and replies.

"yeah, i tracked her down at lunch. i swear she thought i was a rabid animal considering how aggressive i was."

the two girls burst out into laughter, but were soon silenced by the glares launched at them by their classmates. stifling their giggles, they pulled out their notebooks and started their notes for the day, legs still barely touching underneath their desks.

both wondered whether they truly liked the other. they had just started getting closer, what if they ruined their friendship over this? god knows that neither wanted that to happen.

but if they just ignored their feelings, what then? they would get jealous, become cold towards the other. and that just might be worse.

so they both secretly decided to wait a few weeks, figure out their feelings and organize their thoughts.

and hopefully, they would either up dating, or with a strengthened friendship.

because if they ended up never talking to each other again, neither knew what they would do.

and god knows that shuhua doesn't want to lose another friend.

a/n
just a short lil update!