petal-soft

seven

third person pov

after finally surviving another dreaded semester of university, the g-idle girls decided to hold a movie marathon to celebrate. that lead to the scene currently unfolding, all six girls piled onto minnie's couch. blankets are strewn everywhere, along with enough snacks to stock a convenience store; for a month. the girls laugh and chatter as they watch some random love story, more immersed in throwing chips at each other than the actual film playing.

out of nowhere, yuqi grabs shuhua's wrist, the two of them wriggling out of their blanket cocoons and heading outside onto the balcony. the other members don't even blink, already filled in on yuqi's plan. and quite frankly? they're goddamn TIRED of those two dodging their feelings. maybe they could finally enjoy some angst-free hangouts.

the cool, crisp air of the night hits the pair, and shuhua glances at yuqi with confusion.

"why did you bring me out here?"

yuqi just smiles in return, gazing up at the constellations scattered across the night sky and letting the soft light wash over her. she was finally going to say everything, no more hiding.

"i like you, yeh shuhua. i have since you helped me through that panic attack. i always find you on my mind, even the smallest things reminding me of you. i've wanted to ask you this for what feels like forever, but never had the guts to do it. will you be my girlfriend?"

shuhua breaks out into a smile so wide it physically hurts, but she can't bring herself to care. this was all she could've ever asked for.

"yes, yes! a million times yes."

yuqi giggles as shuhua throws herself onto her, enveloping her in the scent of roses infused into her perfume. when the two pull away slightly, just to where shuhua's arms are still linked behind yuqi's neck, both of them grin.

petal-soft lips find each other, the two of them moving in tandem as they finally let all their feelings free. the taste of lavender and sugar lingers on shuhua's lips, and she silently thanks miyeon's lollipops for bringing them together. this is all they've been waiting for.

finally breaking the kiss, the new couple just catches their breath for a second, foreheads resting against each other. the crisp night air fills their lungs, glimmering stars hanging above their heads. placing one more light peck on yuqi's lips, shuhua turns her head to the night sky and smiles up at the gorgeous view. yuqi wraps her arm around shuhua's waist, the two just standing there for a while. shrouded by a comfortable silence, they watch as the stars slowly journey across the horizon, enjoying each other's company.

finally, they had found their way into the comfort of each other's arms.
an embrace surrounded by the scent of lavender and roses, two flowers intertwining to create the most addictive perfume. the strong fragrance of lavender buds dissolving into the gentle aroma of rose petals, a perfect floral harmony with the slightest sweet undertone.

a bottle of perfume that would last a lifetime.

a/n
this is technically supposed to be the end, but I wrote a special chapter that will be published in a few days! get ready for f l u f f and confident shuhua.