special chapter: full circle

eight

4 months later

third person pov

shuhua and yuqi are currently in yuqi's dorm, blankets draping over them while a bucket of popcorn rests against a pile of pillows. shuhua's head is lying in yuqi's lap, the latter's fingers dancing through her soft black locks. winter break is fast approaching, the couple taking advantage of the miserable weather to binge-watch movies.

yuqi, as always, has a lollipop in her mouth, the sweet scent permeating the air surrounding them. shuhua snuggles closer into yuqi's side, an arm snaking around her waist.

out of nowhere, shuhua realizes that she's never had one of yuqi's (well, miyeon's) lollipops. sure, she's tasted her fair share of the flavour while making out with yuqi, but never got to sample the candies themselves.

deciding to take initiative, shuhua waits until yuqi's lips part slightly during an action scene to pluck the lollipop out of her mouth. before yuqi can protest or even react, shuhua pops the sweet into her mouth.

the sugary base hits her first, a light sweetness diffusing into her taste buds. then the aroma of lavender, the now familiar scent welcoming her. she grabs the stick of the lollipop, giving the sphere one last lick before handing it back to her bewildered girlfriend.

"I- wha- why?"

yuqi sputters, utterly dumbfounded at what just happened.

shuhua can't help but giggle at yuqi, her widened eyes making her look like a lost baby.

"i just realized i've never tasted one of your lollipops, and the opportunity just presented itself."

shaking her head as a smile spreads across her face, yuqi plants a kiss on the crown of shuhua's head before popping the lollipop back in her mouth.

"you're lucky you're so cute."

she mutters under her breath, intertwining her hand with shuhua's under the blankets.

"you know you love it."

shuhua mumbles back cheekily, letting out a small yelp when yuqi pinches her cheek. she can't suppress her giggles when shuhua turns her head to look at her, expression mimicking a wounded puppy.

"you know i do."

a/n
mwAh! this is officially the end of purple lollipops. thank you for all the support, i hope to see y'all again in another book!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝔩𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔩𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔭𝔬𝔭𝔰 (𝔰𝔥𝔲𝔮𝔦) ✓ 🎉