Beau Gray x Reader

A/N: If ya'll don't like Beau, then go to a doctor. That boy is a snack <3

You and Jack are teenagers, your Dutch and Annabel's daughter.  Beau and Penelope aren't in love. 

---

Your best friend, Jack, came rushing into your new camp at Clemens's Point with a cheeky smile on his face. He came up to the tent you and your father shared, and yanked you to your dappled rose grey Arabian. You mounted up learning not to question Jack after all these years and squeezed your stallion into a trot and followed Jack who was riding his American Standardbred.

You noticed he was leading you to Caliga Hall, and you quirked and eyebrow but remained silent. He said something to the guards about having a meeting with a person named Beau Gray. You followed Jack and saw him dismount and shake hands with a boy who must've been around your age, maybe a year or two older. 

Jack left you two to talk, and rode off on Ebony, his horse, back to camp. His name was Beau Gray, and by God, was he handsome! You learned that he was artistic, and he was ahead of his time, being for women's rights along with other things. As expected, you fell for the boy and hoped that he might've caught feelings for you too. He walked you to the stables the Grays' had on their property and gave you a leg up onto your Arabian, Duke. 

"Is there any way I could write to you? I know that I simply couldn't let such a marvelous woman like you slip through my fingers!" He asked with a smiled. He seemed really interested in you, and that made your heart swell. 

"Tacitus Kilgore,  don't ask. You can write me using that name. Although, use (Y/N) for the actual letter," You told him with a shy smile and a wave before you clucked Duke into a canter off of the estate. 

Over the next few weeks Beau and you kept writing to each other. (One week later, I'm writing a letter nightly!) He sent you beautiful gifts along with his letters, even though you told him not to. Beau being Beau, he insisted. This time though, he had gone too far, WAY too far. He had gotten you a way over the top dress, it was made of red silk and it had lots of lace. Saying that it was absolutely beautiful would've been an understatement. 

You had tried it on and it fit you like a second skin. Jack saw you in it and let out a whistle, "Damn (N/N), if we weren't so close as twins, I would snap you up! But you have a Gray boy madly in love with you~!" You giggled before blushing, being reminded of when Beau wrote to you saying that he had fallen in love with you too. After you'd confessed to him. The only people in the gang who knew about you an Beau was Jack and Sean. 

Sean read your mail when he saw the package. Nosy git. 

You twirled in the dress before heading to Duke and quickly mounted him. You left the camp and heard Sean, who was on guard duty, "Go get 'im tiger!"

You chuckled, shook your head and clucked Duke into a canter steering him in the direction of Rhodes. 

You arrived at the town and hitched Duke beside Beau's horse. You walked into the saloon from the back entrance, as Beau instructed in your most recent letter and saw him waiting for you. He beamed his charming smile before grabbing your hand and dragging you to a room in the saloon he had rented. 

When the door was closed, Beau pushed you against it and kissed you forcefully. You kissed him back and... things... escalated. 

- 2  M O N T H S  L A T E R -

That's the second period you had missed! You had a baby bump, but most of the camp thought you were fat. Except Jack and Sean of course. You had told them, Jack was worried but Sean was going to go tell everyone. Jack had to make sure he didn't which, thankfully, he did. 

You had ridden to meet Beau to inform him you were pregnant and that it was 100% his kid. Surprisingly, he had taken it really well and was excited to be a father. You had decided that it was easiest to tell the entire gang at the one time. 

They were all crowded around the camp fire and you nervously walked over to them. Javier had finished playing his guitar and your dad spoke up and you decided to be (Cha cha) real smooth. "I need a beer, I'm parched!" 

"Grandpa Dutch needs a drink!" 

Silence. Except for Sean and Jack squealing in the back like schoolgirls. Your dad turned to look at you and he was mad. Out of everything in the world, you were Dutch's prized possession, his daughter, his little girl. Now, that little girl was pregnant. You were all he had left of Annabel, as Colm had killed her when you were a year old. 

"You're pregnant?" He asked, looking down on you and then to your stomach. You nodded before looking down. Dutch breathed out putting two fingers under your chin and looked you in the eye. "It's Jack's kid, isn't it?" He asked, looking between you and Jack for any sign of conformation. 

Jack went wide-eyed, and shook his head 'No' and you did so too. Hosea quirked an eyebrow before asking something the entire gang were wondering, "Well, who's the father? You do now who it is, right?" 

Dutch shot Hosea a glare for the latter comment, and Hosea put his hands up in surrender. "It's-It's a Gray's..." You mumbled and you had hoped that just Dutch had heard you, but so did Micah. 

"A Gray?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow and looking at the Deputy's badge on his vest. You nodded before speaking clearly. 

"Beau Gray is the father."

Arthur's face shot to one of surprise. "So that's how you got that dress?! He sent it to you?! I picked it up for the boy!" He shouted, looking at the dress that fit you like a second skin. You simply nodded and looked down at the ground. 

Although, now that your relationship with Beau was out in the open, Sean could cash in on all the bets he'd made. Dutch grabbed your wrist before dragging you to your shared tent. Hosea followed the both of you, considering he was basically your grandfather. 

Hosea closed the tent and that's when the shouting started. You sat down on your mattress and that's when your father started screaming at you. "HOW COULD YOU BE SO IRRESPONSIBLE?! A GRAY?! A GRAY BOY, (Y/N) VAN DER LINDE!? YOUR 18 FOR FUCK'S SAKE!! I hope you know that as soon as this kid's born, it's going to an orphanage. I. Don't. Care. You're too young to have a kid!" 

When your father said that you would have to give your baby up, you lost it. "DON'T YOU DARE PULL THAT CARD, YOU BASTARD! ABIGAIL WAS ALLOWED KEEP JACK AND RAISE HIM IN THE GANG! YOU AND MOTHER KEPT ME, DIDN'T YOU? OR DID YOU WANT ME TO BE  DUMPED IN AN ORPHANAGE TOO?!" You screamed back, you had your father's temper, that's for sure. 

The screaming and shouting went on for another 45 minutes, with Hosea trying, but failing to make peace between you and your father. You're patience, had snapped with your father when he gave you an option. Although you knew your answer to the question, as you knew it would come. 

"You stay with the gang, with your family, ad give up the baby. OR. You keep the kid, but you have to leave the gang. Your choice." Dutch said in a deadly calm voice. You quickly grabbed a few skirts, dresses, and blouses, shoved them in a bag and grabbed your most prized personal mementos. 

"No matter what ultimatum you give me, I will always choose my baby. Always. It didn't have to be this way, Daddy, but you made it so. I will miss you and the gang dearly. Especially you Grandfather Hosea. I will try my best to write. Goodbye, I love you all." You said somberly. Placing a kiss on your father's and Hosea's cheek before opening the tent flaps and quickly walking over to your Arabian. 

You swung the reins over his head and Jack walked up to you. He was your best friend. He gave you a sad smile and gave you a leg up onto your Arabian. Everyone in the gang watched as you trotted away from camp, for the last time ever.