Not so bad

Wills POV

I close my gym locker and turn around to face my team. 

They were all in a bad mood, being sore from the conditioning at the dance studio yesterday. 

I never thought I would be sore...from a dance class. 

"Do we have to go back today?" Liam whines. 

"Look on the bright side, If we keep being nice to them, and they are nice to us, we might be free by friday" Justin laughs. 

I furrow my eyebrows. 

In all honesty. 

It wasn't so bad. 

Well, The first few days it was. 

But yesterday, doing partner work with Ava, it was nice. 

It looked like she was having fun. 

She was smiling and laughing. 

It was a different side of her. 

Yet again if I wasn't such a jerk to her maybe I would see this side of her more. 

"We have five minutes, lets head to the bus" I say, sharply. 

We get up and I stop "If you guys want to be free by tommarow, step it up today" 

They nod and I continue walking to the bus. 

But we were stopped by the cheerleaders. 

"Where are you guys going?" Nichole asks. 

"Out" I say. 

"Oh please" Olivia scoffs "They have to go to dance rehearsuls with their dancer friends"

"What?" Nichole asks. 

"No we don't!" Justin snaps. 

"Yes you do, My sister has been complaining all week" Olivia says. 

I frown "She's been complaining?" 

"Of course she has" Olivia scoffs "It's the begining of competition season and she has to spend it training you guys, outside of football season, when she could be training to get her second title as National Junior dancer of the year"

We all frown. 

Yeah, We knew they didn't want us there, But it was pretty harsh hearing it, especially since we had some fun yesterday. 

"That's how it is, dancers are selfish" Nichole rolls her eyes "Why don't you guys come ditch with us"

"Well-"

"Your coach is out, it's not like he'll be there making sure your there" Olivia says. 

"What about the dance-"

"She wont care" Ellie Anderson says. 

I look around at the team and shrug. 

And before we know it, We are walking out of the school. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avas POV

"Where are they?" Sophie asks. 

I shrug, Prepping for a turn "Who knows, and who cares"

I do a triple pirouette and land facing Sophie.

"Well if you ask me, it looked like you were having fun during partner work" Makayla says. 

"Fake it till you make it, Am I right?" I scoff. 

Mason walks into the studio "Mrs. Hanna predicts that they aren't coming, considering there's no snow or ice yet, it's not like something happened to the bus" 

I sigh "And Mrs. Hanna canceled all classes for today just so we would have multiple studios" 

"This is BS" Rodger states.

"Ava and I haven't even learned our duet yet!" Mason states. 

"I have maybe half my solo down" Jordan sighs. 

"Mrs. Hanna is changing half my solo" I state.

"Like I said, BS" Rodger mutters. 

"Would you guys stop being babies? Oh poor you, You're dances aren't perfect, we have three more weeks" Kendal says. 

"Three weeks that they are here!" Jordan argues. 

"Who cares?" Faith asks.

"We do!" The rest of us shout. 

"And you should too! It's our first competiton" Sophie states. 

"And you should be worried Kendal, Because if my solo doesn't place and I get kicked off the team, you'll be the weak link, and lets be honest, you are way more of a weak link than I am" Makayla snaps. 

"Oooh" Jordan laughs "Burn!" 

Kendal furrows her eye brows "Listen here you little-"

"Okay, since the football team isn't here yet, Girls I got your new pointe shoes in the mail today, break them in" Mrs. Hanna says, dropping a box down. 

I get up, grabbing a box that had my name on them. 

I go back and sit next to Mason. 

"Don't worry about the duet Mason, I'm sure we'll get to it, and even if we don't, It's us, we got this" I say, taking the shoes out of the box. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right" Mason shrugs. 

I pop my pointe shoes and smile "Mrs. Hanna knows what she's doing" 

We sit there, breaking our pointe shoes in while talking and then the studio doors open. 

"Hey" Will smiles. 

"Wow, nice of you to show up" I say, rolling my eyes. 

"Okay, we missed the bus" Justin states. 

"You have cars" Sophie points out. 

"We got lost" Liam shrugs. 

We don't say anything in return. 

Finishing up our pointe shoes before Mrs. Hanna walks inside. 

"Football boys, Give me 50 burpees" Mrs. Hanna snaps "Junior team, stretch out" 

We nod while the football team groans, I walk out, putting my pointe shoes in my bag and pulling my sweatpants off and t-shirt, I was supposed to have ballet today, so I had a leotard and dance shorts on. 

We walk back into the studio and start stretching in silence, watching the football team suffer through their punishment. 

Once they were done we all gathered in the corner of the studio. 

"make groups with one dancer in them" 

Immediately, Will and four other guys are around me. 

"I'm sorry" Will whispers. 

"You need to take things seriously, we get it, you don't want to be here, but you could learn a few things from this" I snap. 

"I know-"

"Oh really? Okay, Then bring it, show me that you can be respectful for one day" I state. 

"Oh it's on" Will smirks. 

"Fine!" 

"Fine!" 

 I glare at him then turn my attention back to Mrs. Hanna.