See you later

"Jordan! Ava!" Mrs. Hanna calls from her office. 

We share a glance before walking to her office. 

"Yes?" Jordan asks. 

"Sit" She orders.

We sit down and Mrs. Hanna smiles. 

"You two are two of my best dancers, and That's no question" Mrs. Hanna explains. 

We nod in confusion. 

"Which is why I trust this decision"

We furrow our eyebrows as Mrs. Hanna hands us envolopes. 

"You have been invited to Spotlight dance camp where you will be training for two weeks with some of the best dance teachers in the state" Mrs. Hanna explains. 

Jordan and I gasp. 

We have wanted to go to Spotlight dance camp for years now.

Scouts go everywhere for competitions and pick out certain students to invite.

It's invitational only. 

"You will be at the NYC campus for two weeks, you'll be back in time for thanksgiving, and you will be missing one competition" Mrs. Hanna explains.

We nod and pull out our phones, quickly asking our parents if we could go.

"That's why I gave you two a duet, I knew you had a shot and have always wanted to go, therefore, seeing you two preform together made the scouts excited to have you" Mrs. Hanna states. 

"Thank you so much Mrs. H!" Jordan smiles. 

"You wont regret it!" I smile.

We get dismissed and walk back to the dressing room, throwing on our jazz shoes and heading into the studio. 

We sit down with the rest of the team as Mrs. Hanna steps inside. 

"Congratulations on the clean sweep!" Mrs. Hanna smiles "Now, Our next competition is in in three weeks in Phoenix Arizona, Everyone is in the group dance except Jordan and Ava who have exciting news of their own" 

 We smile as Mrs. Hanna announces that we were invited to Spotlight dance camp in NYC. 

They all clap for us except Kendal. 

Kendal always wanted to go as well. 

Mrs. Hanna then goes one to explain the group dance which was entitled "Star of the show" 

Solos went to Makayla, Sophie, and Rodger. 

And then Makayla and Sophie had their duet from last competition that was cut entered in this one. 

As they set to work on that I went in to studio C learning the audition piece for the nutcracker so I could practice in my free time at camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hugged Darren who has been throwing a temper tantrum about me leaving all morning.

"I'll be back" I smile. 

He doesn't say anything, instead letting go and going inside.

"You'll be back in time for the auditions, just make sure you practice!" Paige exclaims "I will, I promise, now focus on your wedding, you have a month left of freedom! Enjoy it!" I smile. 

"I heard that!" Ryder shouts.

We laugh and hug. 

Ryder comes around then corner and runs over to me, grabbing me and throwing me over his shoulder "You can't leave!" 

"Watch me!" I laugh. 

He sets me down and pouts. 

"What did mom tell you?" I ask.

"Never hold you back from your dreams" He sighs. 

"And what would you be doing if you forced me to stay?" I ask. 

"Holding you back" He pouts. 

"Exactly" I smile, giving him one last hug "And besides, You're coming to my showcase right?" 

He pulls away a look of regret on his face. 

"Right?" I ask, frowning. 

"We will be to busy to make it" My dad explains.

"O-Oh" I sigh. 

"But then you get a DVD and we can watch it when you come home!" My dad smiles. 

I nod "Right" 

Jordans car pulls up and his mom rolls down the window "Ready to go sweetie?" 

I grab my suitcase and dance bag, heading over to the car. 

I throw my stuff into the back and climb inside. 

My family waves as we drive off but I don't wave back. 

An hour later we get to the airport and Jordans mom, Rose, leads us through security. 

"Okay, I will see you both in two weeks at the showcase" She smiles, hugging us. 

"Okay!" Jordan smiles. 

I nod and hug back. 

She pulls away "have fun!" 

We walk away to our gate. 

"Here we go..." Jordan sighs. 

I smile "Lets do this"