First day back? Just ignore them.

= Pit's P.O.V =

Slipping on my signature blue sweater with a pair of cutesy, white, angel wings sewn into the back I clutched onto my black leather book bag and closed my old locker once again.

I'm honestly surprised the school hadn't rented it out to anyone else yet. Then again I'm pretty glad they didn't seeing as I had left so many things in here! My sweater, 3 of my old textbooks, 17 colored pens, an old binder(mostly full of doodles and half finished math assignments), and like 5 dollars.. I feel kind of good now seeing as all this stuff I used to own wasn't completely lost forever into the void of time.

Checking my new schedule the paper shows that I have Creative Writing first thing in the morning. Now that's fantastic, because my brain is obviously at 100% writing capacity shortly after I wake up. Honestly I'm just hoping I can make it through this year with a passing number on my final report card.. I'm not always the best when it comes to keeping up with grades.

I walked into class and saw that my teacher was none other than the scariest and most rule bound teacher out there... Mrs. Peach..

Well actually as a teacher you'd think her name more commonly being known by would be Mrs. Toadstool, seeing as that was her actual last name, but since her sister, Ms. Daisy, also taught here it'd be a little confusing when they're both technically named Toadstool..

"Why hello, you must Pit. Would you mind introducing yourself to the rest of the class room?" Mrs. Peach called me out as soon I entered and I held back the groan that wanted to escape my mouth. "Oh, thank you." I nodded toward her respectfully and headed up to the front of the class. "Good morning, my name is Pit Icarus, I just moved here from the next town over and it's great to be ba- um, here." I smiled, trying to recover from nearly telling everyone I had already been a student here. Truthfully, my first year here at Super Smash High wasn't very.. pleasent. A lot happened that I'd rather just forget and over the past year and a half I'd changed so much of myself to keep it so others forgot too.

"Alright, Pit, you may be seated in a seat at table F over there." Mrs. Peach pointed me towards a rather empty table where there was only two boys. It seemed the spiky red-haired boy was whispering towards the taller blunette one beside him and they hadn't even noticed that I was to sit with them. Casually, I walked over and placed my book bag on my lap as the other two were rather shocked to see me. "Hey, the name's Pit!" I introduced myself cheerfully (and rather quietly cause I didn't want Mrs. Peach to know we were talking). 

The taller boy with the blue hair spoke first, not before clearing his throat and giving me an anxious smile. "Hello there Pit.. I'm Marth and this is Roy." Marth introduced them both to me and I smiled in a friendly fashion.. or at least I hope I did. I mean I can never really actually see my own smile. "Nice to meet you guys!" I turned to them with genuine joy in my greeting, but the expressions they displayed didn't really.. return the gesture, if you will.

"Um, Pit?" Roy, the redhead, grips onto the end of his mechanical pencil anxiously as he gives me a curious look. "Pit, are you the same Pit Icarus that.. tried to hit on the wrestling team's captain, Hades?" "What? I- I.." The words came out in a tightened mess from my throat and at my sudden change in demeanor Marth's eyebrows rose in surprise. In reality, I don't want to talk about 'him'. Hades, as hard as that name is for me to say, will probably never be a good subject for me to talk about again. "See, Marth and I are Japanese transfer students and for as long as we've been here there have beens tons of rumors about you-" 

Roy was still talking, that much I knew. But things around me were going blank and everything felt fuzzy. People talked about me? Me hit on Ha- him? I'm so.. confused. It's just- I don't know what to do. "Pit are you alright? You're crying." Marth suddenly whispered to me quietly and I unintentionally sniffled, just now realizing that tears were pooling at my eyes. "Yeah, no- I'm.. I'm fine. I'm not, um, crying." I tried to will my smile back, but forgetting what Hades did to me is- Hard. It's hard to feel okay anymore, after that.

I turned my head and after that neither Marth nor Roy tried to ask me about anything else. That's something at least. But as I try to think about what my therapist told me, I can't help but panic a little.

I knew Hades would be here, I knew he'd continue on tormenting me just like two years ago..  So instead of focusing on that I focus on my studies. I'm real bad when it comes to smarts. My mom knows it, I know it. But just for today I try to throw myself into only focusing on the work I'm supposed to do and ignore the cheerleaders who thought I couldn't hear them laughing at me. I ignore the two guys on the football team who kept throwing paper balls at me as I walked between classes, and the guy who called me a "whore", or the two girls who wrote "faggot" on my locker while I was in the bathroom.

I ignored them alright, especially when I felt the shoulder of none other than the Hades himself brush against my back around fifth period when I was almost in tears because somebody decided to place the textbooks from my broken locker above all the others, and I couldn't reach it so I was trying my best to go high enough to reach the ledge.

But now I'm home, and I ignored them. So I smile. 

"Hey mom," I greet my beautiful, tall, green-haired, mother Palutena as I toss my book bag onto the couch in our living room and give her a huge, tight hug. "Welcome back Pit." She smiles lovingly and lets go. I see she's cooking up hamburgers as I take a peek into the kitchen. "First day back.." She begins cautiously, "Anything to report?" I can't see her face, but I do hear a sizzle as she proceeds to flip the meat on the stove. 

I think for a bit. The words suddenly making my tongue dry. "Mm, no." I bit my lip, thinking of all the things I've ignored today. "Nothing that really matters, I'm just glad to be home." I don't know if she means for me to but I catch my mom glance at me doubtfully until her focuses return only to cooking. "I'm glad you're home too Pit." I smile. 

I'm glad not everyone is someone to ignore.