You were ignoring me? But I thought-?

= Link's P.O.V =

"Dude you totally got blew off." Samus huffs angrily and I bite into my pb&j as my sister Zelda frowns. "I really am sorry about that Link, I can't believe someone would treat you like that." She shakes her head disappointed and I put my food down in front of me. 'It's not too bad,' I sign pausing for a bit to wipe off some jelly on my fingertip. 'Thought he wanted to be friends though.' 

I'm glad these two know sign language so it's nice having conversations with them, but they're right.. I guess. I really thought Pit was different. I thought we could maybe be friends? I don't know, it's kind of dumb to get all upset over. 

Speaking of Pit, I see him cautiously peek his head out of one of the bathroom's and look around the hallway before slowly making his way into the cafeteria. I turn away and I hear a few people laugh as he walks past them. Both Samus and Zelda turn to see him and I cringe a little inside as Samus scoffs. "What a tool. Thinking he can just go clowning around while trying to be all sneaky so you can't tell he's here." Is that really what Pit is doing? I think to myself.

I mean, he looks more shaken than before as he reaches for the phone in his pocket and taps on the wings on his sweater like he was doing this morning. Pit's fingers tap less rhythmically than before though. "Let's go." I hear Samus determinedly exclaim as she furrows her eyebrows and turns to both Zelda and I. 'What?' I sign to her in my confusion while my sister asks the same thing out loud. "You heard me," Samus' words are serious as she speaks and I tilt my head a bit. "Let's go confront his bailing ass." "Samus-" Zelda tries to reason with her blonde best friend, and before I can begin to even sign my protest Samus just drags us both over by the arm.

Oh boy. I shake my head. Zelda gives me a sympathetic glance and I inwardly groan. We approach Pit.

= Pit's P.O.V =

My fingers continue to shake as I wait in agony. My phone pings again and I read the message sent by my mom. 'Almost there'. It reads. But I'm still shaken up from before, not to mention I feel so bad now. I can't believe I'm not strong enough, I still can't stand up for myself and now my mom's taken an early leave off of work to come and get me.

"Hey Angelface." I gasp at the regrettably familiar nickname and turn, expecting, but swearing to God that it's not Hades I'll see once I turn. It's not. "Yeah, I'm talking to you." Three blondes approach me and I see Link being held onto by the one who was talking to me. "Listen here you half sized-" "Samus stop." The calmer blonde calms her friend, Samus, down before turning to me. "I'm sorry about her. My name is Zelda, this is my friend Samus, and my brother Link." Zelda introduced and when she got to Link I smiled. "H-hey." I greet, realizing my voice is probably not how it usually sounds after the whole thing that.. went down.  

"Don't 'Hey' us after abandoning Link!" Samus warns threateningly but Zelda continues to hold her back. Abandoning? I look at Link and then it hits me, he doesn't know what happened in the bathroom earlier. "Look, I'm sorry-" I begin to apologize awkwardly, but it's hard to continue as I realize I've got no good excuse for what went down. 

"I, um-" My mouth began to grow dry as I remembered the events from before. "I'm just.. sorry." I wince as my voice cracks again. Both Samus and Zelda glance at me expectantly as I duck my head down. After realizing they'll get nothing out of me Samus scoffs. "Yeah, you'd better be." She stalks off angrily, but what's surprising is that Link and Zelda don't follow after her, well not at first. "Guys?" Samus stops to turn at them and as they hesitate a moment more I swear I see Link's mouth open a bit until Zelda places a hand on his shoulder.

Link visibly swallows and gives me a sad glance. They walk away.