Chapter 10

"And I get the feeling that you'll never need me again... but baby running after you is like chasing the clouds."

***

I can't break the smile from my face as I drive to Louis'.

I was nervous as hell, but I was more than excited to take Louis out.

Arriving at the address Louis sent me, I park my mustang in an empty spot.

Louis lived in a large white apartment, alongside three other people that lived next door to him. He never gave me the apartment number, but instead told his door was the one with a giant cursive T on it, which I spotted easily.

I get out of the car with the bouquet in hand and swiftly shut the door. I walk up the three steps and pause before knocking on the glazed door.

Come on Harry, this is your chance. Don't blow it.

Without another thought, I bring my fist up and knock on his freshly painted door.

After a few moments, I hear faint footsteps and with a twist of the knob, the door is opened widely, revealing someone who is most definitely not Louis, but instead, an older man with a lot facial hair and furrowed brows as he looked me up and down, seeming disgusted by my appearance.

He scrunches his nose up at me and takes a sip of his half empty beer bottle before spatting, "Who are you?"

I bite my lip, scared, and reply, "My name's Harry, sir. I'm here for Louis."

He turns his head back in the door and yells aloud, "Louis! What's this faggot doing on my door mat?!"

His words immediately make me freeze up and take a step back, off the mat.

Louis approaches the door and tries to bypass his father before he places a hand onto Louis' right shoulder, instantly making him stiffen.

"He's just a friend dad. We're going to hang out together."

Louis' father takes another lazy sip of the beer before it's all gone. "I know what he is! He's another one of those boys you keep around that like it up the ass, just like you! Nasty faggots! I see those stupid flowers! Don't treat me like I'm stupid boy!" He throws the bottle with force across the room. The empty beer glass smashes against a framed picture of Louis and four other girls who look similar to himself which was hung up on the wall. The bottle smashed against the picture, creating a web of broken glass in the center of the once beautiful picture.

Before anything else was said, Louis rushed out of the apartment, grabbed my hand and took off towards my car. We hopped in the vehicle and immediately drove off. I started driving us out of town, glancing over at him from time to time, only seeing him quietly staring straight ahead, no emotion in his eyes.

Once stopped at a red light, Louis turns towards me with glazed over eyes. "I'm sorry." He breathes in and closes his eyes tight as he gnaws on his lower lip.

Fat tears roll down his cheeks. "I-I'm so-sorry he s-said those things t-to you." He breaths harshly. "It's o-okay when he says s-stuff like that to me b-because it's true b-but it'ss not right t-that he said all that t-to you."

Once the light turns green, I immediately drive off to the side of the road and park the car.

I unbuckle myself and turn towards him.

I unbuckle him as well and tug him to my chest. "Shh Louis. Breathe." He wraps his small arms around me and buries himself in my neck. I hold onto him, resting one hand onto the back of his head, petting his locks, and the other onto his lower back, pressing him to me.