Chap. 3- Announcement

"Oh my god, did you hear?!"

"Prince Ty is holding a ball to find his queen!"

"We must dress as finely as possible!" Seto sighed, sweeping the floors. "Seto!"

"Yes, Madam?"

"I want you to make the dresses we want!"

"Prince Ty is going to each house soon!"

"Maybe we can steal his heart first!" Brice and Ghost shook their heads, Seto slumping down in front of the sowing machine.

"It won't be that bad, Seto..."

"Maybe when they leave you can go too!"

"What's the point?" Seto picked up one of the drawings that his stepsister did, sticking his tongue at the dress. "I can't go to the ball in rags."

"Hm..." Scurrying off, Seto began to make the dresses, noting that all of them looked hideous.

"We can make a suit for you!" Brice pulled a piece of paper over, drawing. Bringing Seto it, Seto smiled. He liked it.

"Can we?"

"Of course!"

________

"Seto, come on! I need my ribbons!"

"Where are my bows?!"

"Seto, where is the jewelry set?!" Groaning and fetching everything, Seto sat back, looking at the suit he made with Brice and Ghost.

It was a dark purple, violet with gold swirls on the sleeves. The bowtie was red, collar white. Pants dark grey, shoes black. He liked it a lot.

"Prince Ty is here!" Not hearing them, Seto put it on, trying it out. Brice scurried up and down, making slight arrangements.

"Comfortable?"

"Yes, very."

"You ladies look very fine this evening." Ty smiled, kissing each of their hands.

"You're the most handsome one, your Highness!" Seto, still lost in his mind, picked up a book, opening the door and reading.

Ty looked up, widening his eyes.

"Who's that?" Seto froze, halfway up the stairs.

This was Prince Ty?

"Oi, Seto! Stop staring!"

"Say something polite!"

"Good evening, your Highness." Walking down the stairs, Seto put his book to his chest. "You look very handsome tonight."

"Why thank you, may I ask your name?" Seto saw his stepmother and step sisters glaring at him angrily, Ghost quietly giving him encouragement. He had been pushed and ordered around, he was going to do his own thing now.

"My name is Seto, Seto Xavi." Giving a courteous bow, Prince Ty smiled.

"I do hope to see you at the ball, Seto Xavi." Turning to the ladies, Ty smiled again. "And you three, I would like to see you at the ball as well. Farewell." Closing the door, Seto backed away as the three glared at him angrily.

"You little piece of crap!"

"I-I just wanted to go outside for once-" Receiving a harsh slap, Seto yelped, flinching as he felt the bowtie being ripped off.

"You will NOT go to the ball!"

"Those were mine!"

"You thief!"

"Stay home and do your work!"

"You're hideous for the prince!"

"Gimmie that!" Brice and Ghost winced as Seto's outfit they worked hard on was torn to shreds, Seto's cheeks red from the numerous slaps. Burning the fabric, the three left, laughing and getting into a carriage.

"... You okay?" Seto sniffed, hugging his knees tightly. Brice scurried into his arms, gently patting his cheek.

"Seto, we can still make another suit!"

"F-Forget it." Seto brushed Brice away, crying harder. "W-Without a c-carriage or s-someway to get t-there with d-dignity, i-it won't work." Brice and Ghost exchanged worried looks, following Seto to the garden, where the brunet sat on the fountain, staring at nothing.

"Seto... You can still go to the ball." Blinking, Seto looked around. Who...?

"The ball? I don't see any pumpkins around here though!"

"Shut it, Mitch! He still can!"

"We don't need a pumpkin!"

"Jason's right!"

"You're only saying that because you're his boyfriend Sky!"

"Shut up!" Seto raised an eyebrow in confusion, spotting four fairy-like people arguing.

"Who... are you?" They flinched, smiling and looking at Seto.

"We're your fairy godmoth-"

"God, don't use that, idiot!"

"Fine... We're your guardian faries."