Chapter 2: It's complicated

(Author's note: holy crap I post this for under a day and I already get 7 views. Awesome you guys thank you so much for looking at my story)

Amy was in her room watching T.V and messing with her clothes when Sonic charges in the room.

Sonic: AMY!!!

Sonic walks up to her and grabs her wrists.

Sonic: how many times have I told you to not throw away MY DAMN BEAR?

Amy: Sonic if you keep...

Sonic: I don't want to hear it, I've been on and off my ass everyday trying to help mobius with its problems and all I have to calm myself is you and bear. I don't want to lose both of the only...

Amy: sonic you have an addiction, you need to...

Sonic: I don't have an addiction. "Sigh" look Amy I...

Amy: I understand sonic, I won't do it again.

Sonic started to calm down and let go of Amy. He starts to form tears but holds them back.

Sonic: I'm sorry Amy, please forgive me.

Amy just put her hand on his cheek and gives him a small kiss.

Amy: I forgive you. I got to go.

Sonic: where to?

Amy: the girls and I are going out for drinks, don't worry I'll be fine.

Sonic: I know you will, see you later.

Amy: bye.

Amy leaves and gets in her car, and starts to cry. She couldn't stand being with sonic anymore. He was abusive and never knew when to stop or what was right from wrong.

Amy: "sniffle" well, guess alcohol is my only option.

Amy drives down the night trying to calm herself down, but it started to rain. Right as she gets to the middle of a bridge she stops the car.

Amy: is this it? after an entire year of his shit and this is how to stop it. I guess so.

Amy walks out of the car and goes to the side railing and pulls her right leg over it. Before she pulls her left leg over, something grabs her. After turning to see what it is, she discovers it's Shadow.

Shadow: what are you doing?

Amy: let go Shadow, I want this.

Shadow shakes his head and pulls her up. she kicks her legs a little but it was no use. Shadow throws her in her passenger car seat. He gets in the driver side and starts to drive.

Amy: where are you taking me?

Shadow looks over at Amy, then back at the road.

Amy: I asked you...

Shadow: Christien's, he'll help you out.

Amy: but what about Sonic?

Shadow: I'll tell him your staying with Rouge for a few nights.

Amy: a few nights!!

Shadow: yes, you just tried to jump off a bridge. Trust me when I say...

Amy: trust you, ya sure.

Shadow sighed and continued to drive without looking away from the road.

Amy: wow, your not smacking me or calling me a slut.

Shadow: what! why would I do that!?!

Amy: oh, it's just that whenever I say stuff like that to Sonic he does that.

Shadow: so this is about you and the faker. Well I should have known.

Amy: please don't tell anybody. I love him Shadow and if...

Shadow: okay I won't say anything, as long as you make sure he doesn't abuse you at all.

Amy: why do you care about Sonic and I all of a sudden?

Shadow's cheeks grow red, but he doesn't answer Amy's question.

Shadow: I'm sorry.

Amy looked at him in confusion.

Amy: sorry about what?

Shadow: "sigh", I'm sorry I didn't come to your wedding. I wanted to but...

Amy: oh Shadow you don't have to apologize for anything. I understand.

Shadow looked over at Amy and grabbed her hand.

Shadow: I have something to confess.

Amy: what?

Shadow: the thing is...

Just before he starts to answer his phone rings, he picks it up.

Shadow: hello.

Christien: hey dude, listen Sonic's going crazy. I just tried going to the house and he's saying stuff like "that bitch" and "she can go to hell".

Shadow: shit, okay Amy's gonna stay at your place for a little if that's alright?

Christien: of coarse, I'm here.

Shadow: alright we'll be there in a little.