2

The next morning I was woken up at 7 am and told to get dressed. I stood up and frowned, what clothes was I supposed to wear besides the ones I already had? I looked over at my desk to see piles of my clothing sitting there, my parents paid a visit. How sweet I put on black sweatpants, a red crew neck shirt, and a pair of blue socks.I opened my door and asked if they could unlock my bathroom door. One of the nurses handed me a container with my toiletries and opened the bathroom door. I brushed my teeth and my hair then stared at myself in the mirror. After like 3 minutes I walked out my room and asked them to lock my bathroom again. I shut my door and walked to the dining area, I was the first one. I sat there and started at a wall, I had nothing better to do.

About five minutes later something catches my attention, a boy. He was tall and lanky with dirty blonde messy hair. He wore blue skinny jeans and a black v-neck shirt. He had cuts up and down his arms, burns too. He came and sat by me, he smiled. It took me off guard, his smile I mean, it was strikingly handsome. We stared at each other for a while-while other people filed into the room. Finally, he spoke.

"Hey, I'm Tyler," he says to me. His voice was soft, yet strong. He smiles slightly.

"I'm Lane.." I look down at my hands and bite my lip.

"I'm not crazy," he tells me with a sad look.I look up, I was taken aback, I never thought he was crazy but being in a mental hospital and all you had to put that out there first thing.

"I don't think I am either." I laugh, and he begins to laugh with me. Sometimes I did well at lightening the mood. "How old are you?" I ask him. He looks away.

"I'm 16, but I've been here for about 3 months. I was here for my birthday...last month." The sad look reappears, I go to reach out my hand but take it back.

"Oh..I-I'm sorry..," I mumble.

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault I'm here, it's mine." I nod slowly and look away observing the other kids.

"um, so who is everyone? I'm not much of a people person honestly." Tyler smiles at me and gestures over to the petite, timid girl at the table next to us.

"That's Olive, she's here for severe anxiety issues. She's only been here about 4 months." Olives hair was short and blonde, she wore a black dress. Her skin was so pale it blended with her hair, her eyes were a dark shade of blue. She sat alone with her hands in her lap. She seemed so innocent and frail. "Over there that's Sutton and Patrick, eating disorder clubbers." Sutton's hair was some shade of red, burgundy maybe, it wasn't natural. Her eyes were the same color as her skin, golden.She wore a large gray sweater and black jeans. Patrick's hair was the color of chocolate and his eyes were a pale green, his skin as white as paper. He had a red button up shirt and cargo shorts. They reminded me of tall skeletons. They sat at a table together. "Then there's Kyle,"Tyler pointed over to the table by the farthest window,"he's been here... um around 6 months, I think. He's bipolar, and unstable...like severely." Kyle was tan and black wavy hair, he had just a normal t-shirt and jeans on. He stared out the window, so I couldn't see much of his face. He looked like a normal teenage, but so did everyone else here.

"Thanks," I tell Tyler. Again we sit in silence.

"Now it's your turn," he tells me. I look at him, his expression is blank.

"I'm 15, and I'm here because I tried to kill myself." Tyler looks at me with a look of sympathy. "Please don't look at me like that, this isn't my first hospital."