4

The screaming came in loud, long bursts. I wondered who it was then realized it was me. I was curled in a ball on the floor screaming. Sutton was staring at me and Tyler tried to help but the social worker told him no, that he couldn't touch me. She got on her phone and and simply said "Code white, social work room 3" I was still screaming, but suddenly I heard more screams but no one in the room even opened their mouth. I was confused, so I screamed more. The door flew open and nurses flooded the room and attempted to pick me up. I was sobbing and screaming, there was so much screaming.

"MAKE IT STOP!" I threw my hands up and covered my ears but the screaming continued, "STOP, STOP!"

"She's hallucinating," Tyler mutters.

Next thing I knew I was in a room alone with Dr.A. "So, tell me," he says, "what happened?" I shook my head.

"I don't know."

"Has this happened before?" I nodded yes. "Often?" I nodded again. "Lane, from past hospital records I've come to the conclusion you have something called Schizoaffective disorder."

"What is that?"

"It's the step before the diagnosis of Schizophrenia is determined, It's very rare in children your age." I didn't speak. He was trying to tell me I was crazy. "Lane?"

"I'm not crazy."

"that's not what I'm saying."

"Y-yes it is. I wasn't hallucinating, I'm fine. I don't even belong here." I had started to cry.

"How many times have you been to a hospital?"

"This makes number 22."

"Doesn't that mean something? You're unstable Lane, you're not happy. You have something that can be taken care of with the right mental help."

"So when was anyone planning on telling me this was a longterm facility?"

"Yes, the patients we have now are all here for longterm treatment but this is only your first day technically, longterm cannot be determined yet." I looked away. I didn't want to be here, I wanted to be anywhere but here.

"So what now?"

"I'm going to start you on some medication, Aripiprazole or Abilify. It'll help." He then told me I could leave. I got up and walked out the room to the Dayroom. I sat alone.

"Hi." I looked up and saw Sutton. Sutton was actually incredibly beautiful, she would look even better if she ate some chicken now and then.

"Hi..." She sat next to me.

"I don't bite." She smiled at me. I looked at her.

"well....I'm glad I guess."

"you think I'm strange, don't you?"

"for what not eating?"

"yes."

"I don't find you strange, I don't eat much myself. I'm not going to judge you on what your issues are, that's rude." She looked down. She acts like no one is ever nice to her. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, honestly." She stands and walks over to Patrick. I sat there with a puzzled look on my face.

"She gets distracted easily, don't be offended." I looked up and see Tyler, I look into his eyes. They are a mix of green and blue and seem to sparkle, or I'm just hallucinating again.

"oh."

"I tried to help you." He looks sad.

"I saw. I knew she didn't let you." He opens his mouth to talk but then someone walks in.

"time for music therapy." Tyler rolls his eyes and sits next to me in a black chair.

"Hello," he says, "my name is Mr.Keith. I'm a music therapist." Me.Keith was tall and young, he wore black square glasses and was tan. His hair was black and he looked kind. "Hello." he says to me.

"Hello.."

"don't be scared around me. I won't treat you like you're a patient, I'll treat you like a person. It's the least I could offer to you." At that moment I realized, not everyone in this hospital was the same.