Chapter 1 - Desire

Chapter 1 - Desire

I would have never in a million years thought that my life would be so . . . boring. Sure, I'm grateful for everything I have received during my lifetime. I have the 'perfect' boyfriend, thousands of followers on social media, a Instagram account to die for, and amazing friends - fake or not. I'm also a student at, Harvard, one of the best Ivy League schools In the world. People would love to be me, but I can't help but constantly think of the one thing that was wrong with my life. I had no desires, thrill, or danger. My life was handed to me on a silver platter. Yes, that's very much true, but the con of having such a life full of luxury is that I never lived. I could never participate in the things I wanted to participate in, and I couldn't do the things I wanted to. I hate being the mayor's daughter.

"Your exam will be given out Wednesday. I hope everyone studied. This grade will be counted as twenty percent of your average." My psychology teacher, Mr. Michaels, announced as he nibbled on his bottom lip. That action alone made all of the girls in the classroom sit up straight - including me. There's no doubt that Mr. Michaels was by far the best-looking professor on campus. His jet black hair, grey eyes, and fit body could put anyone in a trance.     He is my favorite professor and not just because he's smoking hot. He's my favorite teacher because he is cool and he talks about psychology with a passion. I always knew the subject interested me, but he made me realize that I actually wanted to major in it, and possibly have a career in psychology.

       "Everyone except Miss Johnson may be dismissed," Mr. Michaels said - his eyes staring straight into my soul. What did I do now? Surely, I didn't forget to do any homework assignments. I stay on top of things like that. After everybody left Mr. Michaels sat down in the seat beside me looking at me with a concerned expression placed on his - handsome - face.

        "Mia, are you aware that your GPA has gone from a 3.5 to a 3.2? You do understand that you are a student at one of the best Ivy League school's in the world, right? Harvard expect's nothing less than a 3.5. Your grades are fluctuating, Mia. If your average reaches a 3.0 you can kiss Harvard goodbye."

          My eyes widened.

         To say that I was utterly shocked is a understatement. I didn't know my grades were dropping this low. I usually stay on top of my grades, public appearances, Instagram posts, and social life without any problem.

         "I-I-"

        Mr. Michaels cut me off.

        "You're a wonderful student," he started, "I've noticed that ever since you stepped foot in my class, but you can't play superhero. You can't have two lives. You can't show up at the mayor's appearances, leave late at night, and then go home to finish your homework or study. It's a impossible task Mia."