Chapter 3 - kisses

Chapter 3 - Kisses

Chapter 3 - Kisses

Did girls have any morals? Mr. Michaels and I have only been in Jade's Coffee for six minutes and women were practically flinging themselves at his feet. If I wasn't here I'm sure they would have already pounced on him. There's no doubt they saw me sitting here with him because every time I caught their vision they would give me the stink eye, and trust me I threw it right back at them. Bitches. Even the waitress unzipped her uniform a few inches to show her - might I add nonexistent - boobs. Like, bitch do you not see me siting here?

Mr. Michaels seemed to be enjoying the attention too. He would smirk and even snicker at their desperate attempts to get in his pants, and quite frantically I found out that his reaction pissed me off to no end.

"I'm sorry," Mr. Michaels apologized. I knew what he was referring to. He was referring to the constant female attention he was grabbing, but honestly I didn't care. If Mr. Michaels wanted to play cat and mouse with a couple of sluts then I wasn't going to be the one to stop him.

"It's okay," I shrugged.

"Did you make your decision?" He asked curiously. I didn't even have to ask I already knew what he was talking about.

"I'm staying at Harvard. I didn't work my ass off in high school to give up so easily. This is the only thing I managed to do by myself. I managed to get into Harvard without my father's help, and I'm not giving up the one thing I achieved alone."

Mr. Michaels nodded, "That's good. I didn't think you were one to give up so easily anyway. I believe in you, and if you ever need anything just give me a call."

"Okay," I started,"So. . . why did you ask me to meet you here? What's bothering you?"

Mr. Michaels bit his lip and stared at me none blinking. The mood suddenly changed from semi normal to a shit load of tension, and I didn't like what was in the atmosphere one bit.

"So . . . a couple of months ago I found out that my aunt had a Ischemic heart disease. She hadn't known about it until . . . we went to the doctor . . . because she was having shortness of breath." Mr. Michaels stopped, and I noticed a single tear that ran down his face. This is already sad. I reached out for his hand, and held it as some form of comfort.

Mr. Michaels looked at me and smiled, but the smile didn't quite reach his eyes.

"The doctor told us that it wasn't curable, but with the right kind of treatment she could live a long, full life in spite of the disease. So she did the only thing she could, and started her treatment. We thought it would work . . . we thought everything would be fine, but the case was more severe than we had thought. S-she . . . died last Sunday . . . and I . . ."