Chapter 4 - Clueless

I paced around my room and tried to calm my frazzled nerves. Holy crap I just kissed my Psychology professor! My parents hadn't arrived yet - which I'm grateful for. That gave me more time to collect my thoughts. Did I actually do it? I couldn't have, maybe I was just daydreaming. Oh, who am I kidding? I was definitely not daydreaming. I can't believe we kissed!

I mean, yeah, sparkles were flying between us all day, but I didn't know that firecrackers would erupt. Damn. I actually kissed my professor. How was I supposed to face him now, and let's not forget the fact that he was acting shady about the kiss afterwards. I mean, he said and I quote "Maybe I should take you home now" like what the fuck? Did he regret kissing me or something? It wasn't like I was a child, this was college. Students get involved with professors all the time, right?

Plus, there is only a three year age gap between us. Mr. Michaels is very young, he's twenty four. Yes, you heard right. He is twenty damn four! He's young enough to be a student himself. Apparently, he was some big-time genius in high school, and graduated at the age of fifteen. He landed himself a job as a professor at the age of nineteen.

My parents like to do backup checks on all of my professor's before I take their class - I guess for safety purposes. That's why I know so much about him. It's not like I'm stalking him or anything. Maybe . . .

"Mia, get your ass down here now," I heard my father scream from downstairs. I mentally cringed. My father never uttered a curse word until he's really pissed. I've really done it this time. I marched downstairs not wanting to anger my father even more.

"Yeah dad," I asked innocently. If looks could kill I'd be six feet under right now. My mother stood beside my father - in this most elegant dress I've ever seen - with a disapproving look on her face.

"Don't you 'yeah dad' me. Where were you! You were supposed to be here at seven! You missed the biggest appearance of the year, and made me look like a fool! The president's son even asked about you!" My father shouted. Oh shit I've really, really done it this time.

"Why would he ask about me," I scoffed, "Last time I checked he made it crystal clear that he wasn't interested in me at all."

My father shook his head. "That's beside the point! Maybe, he had a change of heart, and how would you know you weren't even at the banquet!"

         I sighed.

        He always does this. Why did he constantly have to come at my neck about the president's son? Jake was not at all interested in me. He made that very clear when I had asked him to dance at his father's birthday party the first time I met him. He completely turned me down and said that I "wasn't pretty or rich enough." It was the furthest I've ever traveled to get humiliated - a full 383 miles. That moment made me hate the very mention of him. My father always wanted to pair me with him, actually both of our families wanted that - the president as well - but I just wasn't having it. He was an absolute prick.