First Plate: Third Dish

The Chef Who Never Smiles

Recap:

'Yukihira Sora...I await the day you succeed. I know that you can be one of the people to shake the foundations and misconceptions of the culinary world. I wish you luck on your endeavors. Polish that talent using the stones that will soon be around you at your disposal.'

Shinomiya smirked as he took in the sight of the young beauty walking down the hall with her head held high and walking regally towards the hall where she would meet her soulmate.

'Meshiagare...Shinomiya-chef.'

Determined blue and silver orbs softened with a determined fire shining within it's depths as she romoved her band and tied it around her neck once more.

-Yukihira Diner-

"Beg your pardon?... Your examiner failed you after they finished your recette... Soma..." I worriedly fretted as he sulked in the school grounds.

"Don't worry about me...it'll be alright..." Soma muttered as he pulled me in a loving embrace.

"So-kun...if you won't be accepted then I'll still come with you ~ssu." I determinedly said.

"Yeah..." Soma smiled as he pulled me closer for a sweet kiss, seeking and gaining assurance within each other.

-Totsuki Teahouse Culinary Academy High School Division Opening Ceremony-

"We will next present the new students with their class badge." I fixed my uniform slightly as I kept my senses open, observing the ceremony thoroughly from my spot behind the stage, with Soma carefully adjusting his headband on his wrist.

"Incoming valedictorian, Nakiri Erina." I tilted my head slightly to face the stage, my eyes narrowing in contempt as I prepared myself for the upcoming events.

"Here!" foot steps were heard as my eyes slowed briefly at how sharply I took a glance at the stage, tightening my knife case at my waist with a sharp snap, and Soma hugging me from behind, calming me down considerably as he whispered loving words in my ear.

"Ah, Erina-sama...Exquisite as always." I heard mutterings from the crowd as I listened in on the conversations outside, Soma holding my hand firmly as he released me from his loving embrace.

"Beautiful and at the top of her class...She is perfection incarnate!"

"If I could go on a date with her for even a single day, I'd die happily."

I sweatdropped a bit as I heard this. 'Fanboys, I swear...'

"Idiot! Watch your mouth! You'd get kicked out of the academy! Besides, didn't you meet your soulmate already!"

My eyes narrowed at the disrespect 'If you have already met your soulmate, be satisfied with her!'

"Yeah. She's the daughter of the don who leads the food industry mafia!"

"Well, sure, but..."

My eyes widened as I felt my three other soulmarks throb comfortingly.

'T-this is?! My three other soulmates are here!'

I grabbed Soma's hand tightly, worried that my other soulmates might not like me, but Soma quickly banished those thoughts as he soothingly drew circles on the back of my hand.

I smiled slightly at him and quickly pecked him on the lips in thanks.

"We now welcome our keynote speaker: the director of our Totsuki Academy,-" gasps rang out as they saw Him- "Nakiri Senzaemon-sama."