First Plate: Fifth Dish

The Ice Queen and the Spring Storm

Recap:

"By the way, Soma-kun. I heard you said some pretty interesting things at the academy opening ceremony. Sora-nyan I understand where she's coming from and I'm sure she'll push through it. Gunning for the number 1 spot at Totsuki may not be as easy as you may think..." I leaned back to Soma's chest as I smirked.

"Allow me to reintroduce myself: I'm one of the Totsuki Elite Ten...The seventh seat...Isshiki Satoshi. Now...I'd like to try your cooking next, Soma-kun." Soma's breath hitched at the announcement as I bowed my head to shadow my smirk and my eyes. "Show me what narrative you'll create on your plate."

'Hajimemashou Soma-kun, you will soon walk through the same road Chichihue and I walked through. We'll show you the competative rivals you'll need to face, Soma!' My eyes glinted omniously in the dark room. 'Saa~ Meshiagare...'

-Line Break-

Soma looked thoughtful as he carried me to lean on the bookshelf, not really minding the fact that I was still awake.

"Does your family run a traditional Japanese restaurant, by any chance?" Soma asked Satoshi-senpai as he observed the dish with keen senses.

"Oh? Why do you think that?" Satoshi-senpai's smooth voice sounded amused as I kept my head low and observed the scene with full awareness.

"Spanish mackerel grilled with Chinese pepper is a common Japanese dish, but it can't be made well by just any establishment."

'That's right, although it might sound easy to make, it is a delicate dish to serve, specially if you're going to serve a full restaurant with many orders on your plate.' I mentally noted as I looked up to see Satoshi-senpai chuckle quietly, amused by Soma's deduction.

"All right! I'll use another dish on Yukihira's secret menu. Item number 20!" my beloved soulmate exclaimed, exited at the prospect of beating the unspoken challenge presented to him.

"Yukihira?" Satoshi-senpai questioned and I looked at him, tilting my head slightly to face him.

"It's the diner that our family runs." I softly told the confused upperclassman as Soma tied his band around his head and I moved mine from my head to my arm.

"I'll use the same ingredient. And I'll serve you Yukihira's popular menu item, with the same spring theme as yours." Soma turned around with his hands on his hips to face Satoshi-senpai and I, as I wanted to go to my room to get my mango-jasmine mochi.

As I returned to my room, I grabbed my dessert chamber and quickly went back to Marui-san's room, just in time to see Yuki-chan, Ryoko-chan, and Ibusaki-kun talking about the cook off.

"-re is Soracchi?" I heard Yuki-chan ask Ibusaki-kun as I stood near the door.

"She went to her room to get something." The stoic male replied as he tilted his head towards Yuki-chan.

"I just went to get something to pair with Soma's dish." I walked towards them as I turned on the lights, careful not to disturb the still sleeping students sprawled on the floor.

I looked at Soma and Satoshi-senpai from the corner of my eye. 'Although this is a picture worthy to be displayed on my phone...'