[ 3 ] - If Life Is a Movie, I am the Clown.

"I know exactly what to do but in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do."
- Michael Scott, The Office

____________________

If Life Is a Movie, I am the Clown.

____________________

Evielle

If life were a movie in my head, everything would play out perfectly. The Queen would discover that the fallen and broken vase shattered across the luxurious tile was just Meredith being clumsy, and she would have ordered the maids to clean it up and the whole situation would be resolved and discussed over a cup of tea, and the Queen would take interest in her and then finally propose Meredith for Prince Andrew, her son, just like how my best friend had been dreaming for her whole vitality.

But that is not how it works.

Realistically, Meredith would watch her dreams getting swept away and crushed by the one and only powerful woman standing across her in the room, getting humiliated by what just happened, and the awkward stillness is just making it worse now.

"I-I'm so so sorry." Meredith choked on her words, finally breaking the silence.

She bends down to the floor, slowly trying to gather the broken pieces of the vase while bursting into tears.

Help.

"I-I'll r-replace all of this it's my fault I'm sorry." She stutters between words, still gathering the broken pieces.

I gulped and finally turned around to face the Queen and Blake who were watching us in silence, his face showing no sentiment at all.

"Y-your majesty I apologise for the mess, Meredith, and I will replace the vase." I bluntly voiced out and moved forward to help gather the shattered vase.

But I'm broke...

The vase probably cost more than my life.

"Ladies, I do not condone this type of behaviour in my palace." The Queen's British accent drawls out firmly.

"That's quite enough. Blake, please get someone to clean this clutter, and for you two ladies, I believe in return I need last-minute service from both of you."

She leans her head close to Blake and whispers something just for him to hear and shortly leaves the room.

What was that about?

Blake nods his head to whatever the Queen told him earlier and signals us to follow him, leaving the broken vase behind in that room.

♛♛♛

"This is not the kind of service that I was hoping us to do."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry, do you have a better idea?"

"Like getting out of here? Yes."

I scoffed. "Yeah, and what? Sabotage our hardworking efforts for the last two days baking those cupcakes because somebody could not keep her hands to herself?"

I do not know what came over me, but for some reason, I felt the need to vent the frustration I had in me.

Meredith clenched her jaw. "Excuse you?"

"You're excused." I deadpanned.

"You could just back out in the first place. I don't need any of your help, and you didn't have to be such a bitch."