0.6

ARETE

(listen to "I was all over her" by salvia plath on repeat)

I've never been here before , and it was indeed beautiful. We were on top of a hill surrounded by trees and small flowers. The view was stunning.

He hopped out of the car and just sat on it slowly , looking back at me and moving his head to one side , as if he wanted to tell me to come , but he just didnt want to interrupt the sound of nature.

As I got out of the car , I understood why he didnt talk , the birds were chirping loudly on the trees, singing each other beautiful love songs. I sat down besides him , admiring the view in front if my eyes. The sky was painted a shade of crimson red , with light pink slowly fading into a dark purple. The sun was slowly setting in front of my eyes, with pink fluffy clouds scattered all over the sky.

I noticed a burning sensation on the right side of my face , meaning that Ethan was staring at me. "Why?" he asked. " I dont know " I answered after a long pause.
" You're too beautiful to be treated this way" he then said to me , sadness laced in his voice. " You dont deserve this Arete , you don't deserve this at all. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life , and for you to go through this type of pain is not fair!" he then added , the sadness replaced with pure anger.

I stayed quiet for a long time , not looking at him anymore , instead looking straight forward admiring the sun slowly fading away, just like Ethan's words were fading away , being replaced with awful insults my father had told me through out the years.

My eyes started watering , and soon enough tears were being spilled on my bruised cheek, but my face showed no emotion. It was completely blank , just like my thoughts  at that moment. Nothing was going through my mind anymore , but my eyes were still spilling salty tears, and my heart still raced.

I fealt Ethan interview his fingers with mine , rubbing slowly his thumb on top of my index finger. He stopped looking at me too , admiring the sun setting too.

So we just both sat on top of his car , watching the sun slowly set and the warmth of the sun be replaced with the cold night breeze and the light pink sky become a dark shade of blue , decorated with small shining stars.