Chapter 7

"Then go ahead... it's as easy as holding my hand."

The words carried the same somberness as the dark streets outside the mansion. The low resounding bass of the music still blasting from the house occasionally escaped to reach your ears like the thumping of your own heart.

"Y/N, I don't want to hurt you... I...", he tried.

"Then what do you want? What are you trying to do?", you demanded as you lowered your hand.

There was an uncertainty and awkwardness to the entire situation. What did he want exactly? What is there to explain? And what were you upset about?

A light beamed into your face out of nowhere, you looked behind Jungkook. A car stopped at the roadside, and Mirae alighted from it. Perfect.

You stalked past Jungkook who stood like he was stuck to that patch of asphalt.

Mirae watched you come up to her and curiously asked, "You're leaving now?" You nodded minimally, without even stopping, you quickly got into the cab. She took another look at Jungkook who still had his back facing her before she got in after you.

He could hear it. The car was leaving; you were leaving.

Jungkook's vision was hazy the next morning as he opened his eyes. He blinked it away and stared up at the ceiling facing him. He doesn't remember how much he drank last night, he doesn't remember where he is now.

He inhaled the cold air around him, and it hurts. He exhaled the warm air from his lungs, and it hurts. This wasn't abnormal, he feels it all the time. He never knew why, it just became like this overtime.

"Then what do you want? What are you trying to do?", he heard your voice, as though it came from a dream that he doesn't remember dreaming.

He gradually recalled last night. He stopped breathing, but it still hurts. It felt like someone stuck a bunch of band-aids on his insides, and now, they were being peeled off one by one. He raised his arm to rest it over his eyes, his cheekbone below his left eye felt sore.

Something else flooded back into his mind. He was storming back through the gates in the dark night when he saw Hoseok coming out to meet him in the garden. Before Hoseok could say anything, Jungkook marched up to him and punched him right in the face, causing him to tumble onto the grass.

Hoseok looked at him in utter shock, Jungkook has never once really punched him despite often threatening to do so. And then Hoseok stood up and fought back, his fist landing at the spot which was now probably bruised.

"What? We gonna fight cause of some girl now? What in the world is wrong with you?", Hoseok said angrily while lunging at Jungkook again.

"What in the world is wrong with us. It's not each other we are fighting", Jungkook said with a cold expression, so cold that Hoseok stopped dead in his tracks and could only silently watch as Jungkook stomped past him back into the house.

In the present, Hoseok came to look for Jungkook and he finally realizes that he was lying on the bed in Hoseok's guest room.

"I'm grateful you didn't barf in here", Hoseok walked further in and leaned against the cupboard as Jungkook managed to get his hungover body to sit up on the edge of the bed.

"You alright?", Hoseok asked, somewhat reminding Jungkook of you and making him feel instantaneously worse.

"Not really", Jungkook was rubbing his forehead with his thumbs.

After a moment of silence, Hoseok uttered, "I don't understand what's going on with you, so... should I be apologising for yesterday? Or are we cool?"