Chapter 10

Jungkook woke up in their practice room lair, with a fast asleep Hoseok lying next to him on the couch, hands draping over Jungkook's body. He pushed Hoseok onto the floor, stirring him awake. As Jungkook moved to sit up, his head was pulsating, the hangover catching up to him.

Hoseok rubbed his eyes as he sat on the cold floor. "Not the type of morning I was dreaming of... waking up beside another man", he muttered groggily and he dragged his body back onto the couch, lying stomach flat on top of the pillows.

Jungkook got up to make space for him. He walked out to the bathroom, splashing a handful of water on his face to sober up.

He recalls storming out of his house, with his mind consumed in a complete vacuum from the conversation he just overheard. His parents had both saw him at the door when Hoseok let out a tiny gasp behind him. Jungkook paused outside the giant metal gates of his house. Waiting.

But the voice that came was not what he waited for. "Jungkook!", shouted Hoseok.

Jungkook clenches his jaws, deeply inhales and closes his eyes out of torment. When his eyes fluttered opened again, he stalks off towards nowhere.

"Hey, wait for me!"

They ended up in a posh club in town. Jungkook downing shots after shots, partying harder than he usually would. He entertained almost every single girl who approached him. Luring them in, taking what he needed from them, be it attention or affection, and then throwing them away.

"Jungkook!", a girl's shrill voice pierced through the music as she landed herself next to him on the sofa he was resting on. Was she the third one tonight? Or the fourth? He was sure he had lost count.

Jungkook doesn't recognise her, "You know me?"

"Of course I know you, the famous Jeon Jungkook", she laughed.

"At least you know me...", his smile at her, although drunken, would have made every heart in that place flutter.

Hoseok who had been watching him worriedly the whole night decided that this was enough; Jungkook was either way too drunk or on the verge of losing his mind.

"That's enough for tonight Jungkook, let's go", he demanded as he dragged his friend away from the woman still clinging onto him.

"Where are we going? I just found someone who knows me!"

"I know you too buddy! Come on, let's go!", Hoseok yelled at a struggling and staggering Jungkook.

"Heyyy Hoseokkkk, get me another shot... I want one more...", Jungkook was whining like a spoilt kid.

"Alright, ok ok, I'll get you everything you want, let's just get out of here first.", Hoseok tried to pacify him while taking his uncontrollable friend back to the school lair.

Jungkook stared into the mirror at himself for a long time, he looked at himself up and down a few times. What should he do now? Since his mind was no longer working, he'll let his heart dictate – his heart which must already have started to decay.

A few days have passed since you had the conversation with Jungkook at the bus stop near Yunsu's place. He never came to find you again. Well, to be fair, you did tell him to leave you alone and never retracted it. For the past few days, you couldn't stop thinking about what he said.

It was true that you could feel someone's pain, but that does not always mean you understood the meaning of it all. You always thought your condition allowed yourself to stand in someone else's shoes when it came to the hurtful things in life. But it was far from it.