The edge

Slight gore warning so if you don't like that skip to the next chapter at the part that I have marked as gore, (Gore)
-Author
————————————————
Hiccups POV.
Toothless and I were out on our morning fly, doing loops, barrel rolls and various different tricks. Toothless decided to fly upside down and dunk my head in the frigid morning water. He flipped back over and laughed "Yes, haha very funny." I sarcastically said to Toothless while shaking my hair to expel most of the water.

We continued to fly aimlessly for another hour or so, every so often doing dips or flips. All of a sudden Toothless's ears popped up and shifted. We slowed down and started to hover is place turning so he could pickup the location of what he was hearing. "What is it bud?" I asked Toothless not able to hear it myself. He stopped turning and with a flap of his wings we darted SouthEast. An island appeared on the horizon and as we got closer I herd and saw what Toothless did.

The side of the cliffs were collapsing sending giant chunks of rock into the water. We hovered at a safe distance "We have to make sure no dragons are trapped in that landslide, come on bud." I gestured towards the cliffs and we again started to move. We safely manoeuvred around the grand chunks of cliff that had broken off and I started to survey the area.

We went back and forth staying far enough away of the intact cliffs, the rockslide had stoped but we didn't want to take any chances. "Well bud it looks like there were no dragons injured, lets get back to th-" I was cut off by desperate sounding screams. We flew towards the screams and soon realized they were pleads for help.

We landed on a ledge around where the screams were coming from. Toothless couldn't pinpoint the pleads because there was to much rubble to use echolocation, so we just started picking up rocks/debris and we just threw them off the ledge adding to the junk in the water. Rock after rock, branch after branch we threw it over. I didn't notice at first but the pleads for help slowly died down to not even a chirp, at this I sped up my pace dramatically. Toothless noticed the change and followed my change. I tried picking up a large cylindrical boulder but it was too heavy so I tried roiling it and to my luck it slowly moved revealing a girl about my age who had (H/L), (H/C) she was banged up pretty bad and until Toothless helped move the even larger bolder I couldn't be sure of the extent of her injuries. "Hey bud I found her come help me!" I signalled to Toothless and he came bounding over.

(Gore)
The girl whispered something but when I looked at her again, she was knocked out cold. Toothless pressed his head and front paws against the boulder, I pushed putting everything I had into it and it rolled off of her and towards the sea slowly. I didn't take any more time with boulders seeing that she was fully unearthed and from her waist down there was blood everywhere. She had already formed bruises and cuts some so deep I could see bones and tendons. Her clothes were torn to pieces (luckily they still, for the most part, covered up everything important). Her face had a huge gash running across it and some blood had started to solidify, but nothing compared to her left leg. It looked like the giant bolder had been sitting on it, because there was pieces of bone sticking out the sides of the leg. It was swollen, bruised and still had blood trickling out of where the bone had penetrated the skin.

'I shouldn't move her in case I make her injury's worse, but she can't stay here...' I thought as I assessed her injuries further. 'I'll have to bring her back to The Edge, then we can send for Gothi.' "Toothless can you go get two sticks about," I gestured with my fingers "this long?" He ran off and I began to take my shirt off and tear it into strips. He came back about two minutes later with perfectly sized sticks. I placed them on either side of her leg and wrapped it in my shirt making sure that they were tight.

I picked her up gently bridle style and mounted Toothless. "Toothless easy we don't want to hurt her anymore than she already is." I told him as he was readying for flight. He growled in response and took off. I still held the mysterious, injured girl in my arms, while holding on and navigating Toothless towards Dragons Edge.