The Rock

Thank you guys so much for being patient with me (online school sucks!) and I hope you enjoy the new chapter!
———————
(Unless I specify the POV. says the same from the last chapter.)
Y/N POV.

Someone approached looking over my shoulder and snapped me back with a, "whatcha got there?" They surprised me and I accidentally cut my hand open with the sapphire coloured razor rock, staining it, and my skin, with thick, scarlet blood. I winced in pain, "Oh my Oden, I'm so sorry Y/N let me help!" Hiccup ripped off a strip of his shirt and, grabbing my hand and making me blush, he wound the cloth gently around it. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine," I replied, trying not to look at his now exposed skin, so I picked up the rock again hoping to distract myself. An awkward silence filled the air as we sat there, not knowing what to do, until Hiccup broke it.
"Hey I noticed your leg," he gestured, "why don't I make you a new one, customized this time!"
"Um are you sure? I don't want to be a bother..."
"Yah! Besides it's starting to rust over!" He stood and offered me his hand, "Let's go to the forge!"
"Okay then!" I smiled and took his hand, but as I stood the spring in the prosthetic seized and I fell on top of Hiccup. Both of our faces flushed beet red. "Oh my Oden! I'm so sorry!"
"No! No! It's okay it's not your fault!" I pushed myself up off of his chest, and we made eye contact. His green eyes seemed to glimmer like emeralds. He just stared back into my E/C eyes, not blinking for what feels like hours, until he once again broke the silence by awkwardly chuckling, snapping me back to reality. I tried you stand, stumbling off of him. He stood as well, wrapping my arm around his neck. "This'll help stabilize you," he shot me a quick yet awkward smile "now let's go before that happens again..."
~time skip (cuz I'm lazy)~

I sat on a stone wall, drawing circles on the palm of my bandaged hand, and waited for hiccup to be done in the forge. "So Y/N," Hiccup still was pounding away, "what did you cut yourself on anyways?"
"Oh um," I reached into my pocket and pulled out the rock, "this rock," I held it out so that he could see. He stoped hammering and walked over to examine it.
"Amazing!" He held it up to the light, "it almost looks like a dragon scale, but I've never come across one with translucent scales... I'll have to ask Fishlegs! You miss, Y/N, may have found evidence of a new dragon!" He beamed.
"Is that good?" I was confused.
"It's not good, it's great!" He smiled, "although I shouldn't get anyone's hopes up, but it's beautiful none the less!" And with that Hiccup placed the stone back in my palm and continued to work on the metal. I didn't really know what to say so I went back to sitting quietly and fidgeting with the rock, until I got an idea. "Um Hiccup?"
"Yah?"
"Is there any way the prosthetic could conceal a knife or dagger?" He stopped once more and placed his hand to his chin, clearly contemplating it.
"Well yes," he responded finally, "but it would have to be fairly small."
"Like this?" I again showed off the rock.
"Well perhaps... Yes, I think that would work perfectly!" He assembled the metal pieces flawlessly, we would just need to design a way to conceal it." Bringing the leg with him, he sat down next to me and pulled out his sketch book.

" Bringing the leg with him, he sat down next to me and pulled out his sketch book

"I was thinking something like this." I looked for conformation.
"That seems doable! You've got a nack for this!" He complemented me.
"Thanks?" He smiled, and went back to work. Gods he's cute!

~another time skip when it's done~

I removed the rusted leg and stared at the empty space, it's still weird to think my real legs gone. Hiccup apparently noticed, "It took me a while to get used to it too." He lent down in one knee and started attaching the new modified leg. "You just have to adjust!" He reassured and got rid of the frown I unawarely had. "Now!" He started, "try to keep this one dry?" He chuckled.
"I'll try, no promises though!" I laughed back. "Thank you for doing this for me, I don't know how I can repay you." I more solemnly added.
"Don't worry, I enjoy helping people! Plus I'm sure you will help me a some point in the future!" I just stared out at the sea, the sun was just about to sink out of sight, it was beautiful! But the thought hit me, "Where am I going to sleep?" I turned to the brunette.
"Well I'm sure you could stay with Astrid, and if not you could always stay with me for the night," he answered, "is that alright with you Astrid?" I was a bit surprised to see the blond in the doorway after being alone for so lone with Hiccup.
"Sure," she replied, as long as you don't mind the couch Y/N."
"Oh no, not at all thank you!" A part of me wished I could stay with Hiccup, but oh well.
"By the way Y/N, where did you find that rock?" He asked as Astrid and I began to walk out.
"Behind one of the waterfalls near the hot springs, why?"
"Just curious!" He waved and added, "have a good night you too!" Astrid and I waved back and continued walking to her house, although I kinda felt like I was being watched the whole time...

—————
Hope you enjoyed! Stay healthy!