[ 3 ]

"Can you really blame me? I want you
I'm still trying to break some habits
Sometimes I'm choosy or greedy or both
Don't we all come with some baggage?
And I know I got more than most
We both know two is company, three is a crowd
So far from grounded, and close to the clouds
Contradicting the things I thought I knew
So indecisive, it's so hard to choose"
- Tayla Parx

"Why are men great til they gotta be great? I just took a DNA test, turns out I'm a hundred percent that bitch Even when I'm crying crazy Yeah, I got boy problems, that's the human in me Bling bling, then I solve 'em, that's the goddess in me  YOU...

I just took a DNA test,
turns out I'm a hundred percent that bitch
Even when I'm crying crazy
Yeah, I got boy problems, that's the human in me
Bling bling, then I solve 'em, that's the goddess in me 
YOU COULDA HAD A BAD BITCH, non-committal
Help you with your career just a little
You're 'posed to hold me down, but you're holding me back"

I sat up in my bed, listening to Brit sing at the top of her lungs from somewhere in the condo. Moments like this make me second guess wanting her to move in with me. It's Sunday, and we were up late last night, and I'm still being woken up to her theatrics. I got up and walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I could still hear her loud ass voice echoing around the walls.

"You tried to break my heart?
Oh, that breaks my heart
That you thought you ever had it
No, you ain't from the start
Hey, I'm glad you're back with your bitch
I mean who would wanna hide this?
I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be your side chick"

I left out of the bathroom and followed her voice to the kitchen where I found her cooking a large breakfast. I took a seat at the island and watched her move around in her own zone. She's only wearing a sports bra and a pair of Nike running shorts, showcasing her perfect frame. I looked at her phone to get the name of the song that she has blasting throughout the Bluetooth speakers in my condo. Half the stuff she listens to I've never heard of. Every other chick I fucked with only listened to what was popular. Brit is the only woman I've been with who truly marches to the beat of her own drum. She just does whatever makes her happy, no matter how random. If she likes it she likes it.

"I'ma hit you back in a minute
I don't play tag, bitch, I been it
We don't fuck with lies, we don't do goodbyes
We just keep it pushing like aye yi yi"

I pulled out my phone and started recording her. As soon as the song ended I stopped the recording and posted it onto my story. Brit and I might not be in an official relationship, but we're exclusively dating each other and have been very public with showing each other off. That's another reason why I try to keep my distance from other females. I've had a chick I barely know post me onto her snap to make it seem like I was with her at a club to get Brit's attention.

Brit and all her cousins are bad as hell, and their presence makes noise in and around California. In Southern California, they're treated like the black Kardashian's, famous for just existing. Especially with Brit and Jade since they do a lot of socializing, and were both cheerleaders at USC. I knew of Brit before I even knew she was related to KD, and I always thought her and Jade just called each other cousin because of how close they were since they don't look anything alike. The only ones that actually resemble each other are Brit and Reese. It's the main reason why both Brit and I wanted it to be public knowledge that we were dating because we both got around. She had just as many hoes as I did when we started talking.