[ 6 ]

"Never been in love before
What the fuck are fucking feelings, yo?
Once upon a time, I was a ho
I don't even wanna ho no mo'"
- Lizzo

"Never been in love before What the fuck are fucking feelings, yo? Once upon a time, I was a ho I don't even wanna ho no mo'"  - Lizzo

"Okay, and there's the heartbeat." The doctor spoke while pressing the wand into my stomach. The small but loud thuds quickly filled the room. I looked over at Prince to see his attention glued to the monitor. It's safe to say that we aren't leaving today without finding out the gender, even if he has to find it himself. "Two arms, two legs, and there we are-"

"A penis!" Prince yelled out while jumping up. The doctor slightly jumped at his outburst and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Believe me, this would have been his exact reaction if the baby was a girl. He's just being dramatic." She gave me a reassuring smile while going back to pointing out all the baby's major limbs. I looked over at Prince to see him recording the screen.

"We gotta celebrate. Let's go down to Lake County and go fishing." The doctor smiled at his excitement and excused herself from the room to go get the prints and schedule our next appointment.

"Prince, no. I have to work tomorrow anyways."

"Bring the hotspot and tell them you're working from home. You and KD both have assistants that can handle everything else. You know this is the only thing I did with my dad that I actually enjoyed."

"I didn't know, but thanks for guilting me into it. Now come here and help me get the rest of this gel off my stomach." He walked over to my bag and pulled out my pack of wet wipes. He pulled out two wipes and walked over to clean my stomach.

"If you don't want to go we don't have to. I was just hoping that you would want to take advantage of all the alone time we can get before my son arrives, because then all this attention I'm giving you is over with." I smiled while shoving him away from me.

"You get on my nerves. Let's get home so we can pack. How many days do you want to be down there?" Lake County is literally in the middle of nowhere. It's such a random part of California. I passed by it on a road trip a while back, but I've never actually stayed. Prince has mentioned having a cabin down there, but it's never peaked my interest. Now I'm almost afraid of what I'll be walking into.

"Well since tomorrow is Friday we might as well stay throughout the weekend." I inwardly rolled my eyes while thinking of being stuck in the middle of the woods for three nights.

"Do I need to get some insect repellent?"

"Everything we need is there already. All you need to do is pack." I cut my eyes at him, trying to read into any ulterior motives. When I didn't find anything off I decided to just accept my fate. The doctor walked back in with all the information we discussed during the appointment and after scheduling our next appointment we were on our way out.

"So, is fishing something you enjoy doing often?" I questioned since we've never really talked about it much, and I rarely hear any positive things about his dad from him.