[ 9 ]

"So fuck that cuffin' shit, I just want us be comfortable now, for real
Who you lovin'? Who you wanna pull up with?"
- Wale

"So fuck that cuffin' shit, I just want us be comfortable now, for realWho you lovin'? Who you wanna pull up with?"- Wale

"Farren, not to be messy sis, but Prince told his boys that you're his baby sister. I cringed for you low key." I cut my eyes at Brit as she fell back onto my bed in laughter.

"Jokes on you, because I just got hired at Crowned. Probably be spending more time with him than you do." I winked at her and quickly ducked my head as she sent a pillow flying at me.

"Hired as what? You don't even know how to do anything."

"I'm going to be working under Andre, helping him run the website and social media accounts. Their website design is a bit dated and I emailed the store my portfolio to show them how I can be an asset to the company. I wanted to find a way to be productive during my gap year."

"All the business ventures your sister and Chancellor have, and you just had to find your way over to the cool crew. Matter of fact, let me see your portfolio, show me what you got." I immediately jumped up and moved over to my desk to grab my laptop. One of the reasons I wanted to take a gap year is so that I could focus on discovering myself creatively, that way when I do go to college I'll have my path already planned out. I want my college experience to help sharpen my skills, not build me from scratch.

"Kadence's company is super corporate, and an intern position at her company, well y'all company, will consist of coffee and food runs and submitting my creative input for the design team to take credit. Also, nepotism is a thing, Brit. I don't have time for the elder Baby Boomers to be hating on me. Prince has the clothing store and it's very trendy on social media. Me, being young and all, will be able to help them keep up with the consistently evolving wave." I handed her my computer and watched over her shoulder as she began going through my portfolio. I haven't done anything major, just social media aesthetics for my friends. I've also filmed promotional videos for their social media's as well. Weather it be a sports highlight video, modeling, even art, I tailor to all. This position at Crowned will not only help build my experience, but my exposure as well.

"I like this, stink! I'm not really creative. The furthest I'll go is throwing some furniture together. Maybe you can help me with the baby's nursery. Prince wants it to be a black theme."

"Are you paying me? I need to save up all I can if I plan on moving to New York next year."

"Girllll, you can't get a scholarship or something? You better get to typing up them essays. I had to do so many essays to get my way through college. My parents were doing okay, but not well enough to pay my way through college." She spoke while absentmindedly rubbing her hand around her stomach. She has a small bump and it looks so cute on her.

"I'm not getting anything off of my sister and Chance's income."

"You're right. They are high key rich. Hell, she writes my checks. What do interior decorators usually get paid to decorate rooms? Get a quote, double it, and text it to me so I can cash app you." The sound of music began to creep its way through my door, notifying us that the baby shower is getting ready to start soon.