Chapter 3 - Puzzle Pieces

Stephs POV

"... I don't want to move away from you, I don't but I don't have a choice. Everyone keeps telling me that taking the job offer overseas is the best thing for me. But what if it's not Ale-"

I was cut off from reading the dramatic ending of my book by Rose running towards me, spraying my towel with thin, beach sand. Closing my book with a loud bang, causing Rose to give a slight jump, I stand up and begin to shake off my towel, not making eye contact with her.

"Oh, hello Rose! I didn't see you come over here! Did you know that something is going around the beach spray people with sand and interrupting the end of their amazing love story?"

I spit at her.

"Look Steph, you've read this book before. You know that Alec says-"

Rose begins to say before I abruptly cut her off.

"Rose! What have I told you about telling me the ending? I don't care if I've read the book before but I don't want to hear the ending before I read it."

I explain before I start folding up my towel. It was getting close to 3 o'clock, or as I call it, coffee o'clock. Rose looks as though she has something to tell me, but I'm not letting her interrupt my coffee o'clock routine with a story about some guy she just met. You can see it in her eyes that she had met someone because her pupils had dilated.

"Come on Rose. Are you seriously just going to stand there and wait for me while I go to Gloria Jeans? You know I need my coffee."

I say exhaustedly. Rose just smiles smugly at me before following me. We continued on with our talk of our history assignment, with Rose still looking excited, which to be honest, was kind of concerning.

Once we turned off the strip of the street, towards Gloria Jeans, Rose cuts in front of me before entering. I don't question it though; she seems to be sitting on Cloud 9.

"Steph, go ahead and order what you want and I'll go and get us a seat?" Rose suggests while looking wildly around the cafe.

After ordering and getting my chocolate frappe, I walk over towards the booth where Rose is sitting. I take a seat with my back towards the door, spacing out once I've sat down some much so, that I didn't even notice Rose wave over two guys with Ray Ban sunglasses on as they came to stand at the edge of the booth.

"Steph, I want you to meet two people I met at the beach today. This is Liam, and this is Niall." Rose says excitedly

I turn around to face the two guys as they take their glasses off. I can either freak out at the prospect of meeting my two out of my five idols, or I can play it cool. I prefer the later.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you. I'm Steph."

I say while I stand up and shake both of their hands. Liam and Niall look at each other approvingly as does Rose. We both shift over towards the window more while they take a seat.

We go around the booth introducing ourselves when Rose stops mid-sentence.

"Steph, he's here. Olly's just walked in the door."

Rose rushes with an apprehensive look on her face.

"Has he seen me yet?"

"Yeah, yeah he has"

Rose says disappointedly before quickly explaining to Niall and Liam what is going on. Niall looks towards me with sympathy while Liam almost looks defensive.

"Look Steph, I don't know how many times I have to say it. I didn't mean what went down with her. I just-"

Olly started to say, I could tell he didn't mean it though. What he was saying had no feeling to it, no emotion.

"Well yes you did. If you didn't mean it Olly, you wouldn't have done it"

I say while still staring at my drink. It was obvious Olly hadn't figured out who we were sitting with, not that he would have cared anyway.

"Look babe-"

He starts to say before leaning over Liam the touch my arm I flinch and retract it out of his reach. You could see in his eyes that Olly was getting angry, something that Liam had managed to pick up on.

"Mate, I think you need to leave."

Liam states standing up, making him taller than Olly.

"Yeah, whatever."

Olly drones before walking out. Liam sits back down.

"Thanks Liam, but you didn't have to do that."

I say shyly looking towards my drink.

"Nah, its fine Steph. I couldn't let him walk all over a pretty girl like you"

He says easily with a wide grin. I blush before taking a long drink.

"Well, where was I?"

Rose begins to say, taking the attention off me. Well, most off the attention.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Liam was still looking at me. Not that I minded. I look over the table to see Niall completely zoned out staring at Rose. Lucky Rose making Niall Horan, worldwide pop superstar fall for her in a matter of hours.

I take another sip of my drink as Liam pulls his phone out of his pocket to answer a call. He talks on the phone for minute or to smiling towards the end of the call. He puts his phone on the table and goes to speak,

"Harry called; Louis booked a boat to go out of the harbour tomorrow and Paul wants us to come back to Hordern Pavillion now."

Niall and Liam share a look, almost as though they are having a convasation with their eyes

"Girls, do you want to come tomorrow down on the boat?"

Liam said, with a smug smile and hopeful eyes.

AN: Well my editor has now become my co-writer and wrote most of this chapter. Last chapters song on the side and picture of niall and liam looking cute as ever. I wrote the end and she came up with this chapter's song. Guess away.

Everybody said we'll be together forever but I know that,  

I never wanna settle down, come around, break up the love like lego now,  

Never wanna turn into another like you,  

Sleep with my thoughts, dance with my views,  

Everythings great not everything's sure,  

But you live in your halls and I live in a tour bus,  

Now I'm in position to be another stalker like every thing I say makes it all sound awkward,

Vote, comment and guess the song.

Emmi

xxx

Edited By @BE_Editors