Chapter 4

Previously on Chicharong Flower…

At last, the two main characters of this drama finally met. It wasn't a peaceful first encounter, but Tenten had no other choice but to ride with Neji's unusual character. Now we shall pick off from where the last chapter ended…

…..

Tenten checked her watch, and then turned to Neji. "I better get going. It's already dark and I still have to watch my favorite soap."

No reply came from the man.

She cleared her throat. "Neji, love, I shall go home now."

A vein popped on his head. "Why are you telling me that? I don't have your money."

She looked pointedly at his automobile.

Yet another vein popped in his temple. "Son of a… Does my car look like a public utility jeep?"

"I didn't exactly come from a place that is walking distance from here. My adrenaline rush is the only reason I was able to arrive here. But I'm extremely tired now," she reasoned.

"Why should that be my problem too? The hell I care if you do get home or not!" he snapped. "We've just met, so don't act as if we're close friends."

She crossed her arms in front of her chest. "You're not being very gentleman-like, I swear! What if, while I was walking home, someone with ill intentions attacks me and tries to rape me?"

"Then run! Don't tell me you'd agree to be raped?" he retorted.

She snorted. "Of course not! After protecting my virginity for so long, do you think I'd give that up that easily?"

"Good. So that pretty much wraps these all up." He started to walk away, but she quickly followed him.

"Well, Neji, so I wouldn't need to run away…"

"You would just agree to be raped?"

"NO! What I meant was, just give me a ride home. It's not like I'm asking you to bring me to the after life; it's just after the next town," she said, sounding as logical as possible.

He exhaled sharply. "After humiliating me in public, what made you think I would help you?"

She sighed. "You're too sensitive. Don't you know that it's bad to sow seeds of hatred towards others? Because if you sow them seeds, they'll get fruits later on, and they'll be happy!"

He groaned. "Son of a… just get in, will you? You're wasting air supply with your nonsense."

….