Chapter 21

Tenten shrank back. She didn't like the way he was looking at her –as if she was really something as detectable as ice cream. But wait, she would be a hypocrite if she wouldn't admit to herself that she was liking that thought anyhow!

But she could not accept that she would be the one to hold down the banner of empowered women! No way, never, NADA! She would stand by her words: she did not like Hyuuga Neji! Even if he looked so darn cute when he smiles, or that her heart palpitates like so when he laughs. She really liked the way he laughed—there was still a certain level of huskiness in it, making it sound more like a sexy chuckle.

Damn, why did she suddenly think of him that way? Her eyes widened when his finger delicately landed on the beating pulse of her neck. She knew it. She was just lost for a few moments in her racing thoughts, and she hadn't sensed that this monkey had already managed to cross the distance between them!

His head lowered towards her. his piercing gaze roving on her face.

Before she would end up doing something she would regret, she pushed him away. "W-Wait, I remember I have to do something…"

"Oh?" Indulgence was on his face—something she was growing more and more familiar with, as days passed..

"Y-Yeah. I-I'm following a series on TV…" She looked at the clock. "A-Ah…Twin Sisters: 100 Señorita. There's a sweetheart there." With that, she ran out of the room, nearly colliding with the couple. She didn't look surprised to see them eavesdropping there though,

Still shaking his head, Neji sat down, intending to recall the fun intimacy he had with the chicharong flower vendor awhile ago. Good Lord knows when did he last have this much fun.

…..

"Believe us, Anabelle. Peter is only deceiving you!" Felicity.

"Don't pretend to be one of the good guys! Peter is the only one who loves me!" Annabelle raised her chin in defiance.

Tenten watched the two characters onscreen interact, but her attention wasn't really there… okay, sometimes, it was there, especially when the hunk Wallace was in the scene. But mostly, her mind lingered on what nearly transpired between her and Neji.

Hah, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on Batman! If Neji used the shock factor to score one over her, well, it would never happen again! Not when he was that deliberate, as if confident that she would be putty in his hands.

"If only he wasn't a conceited pig…" she hissed. She tucked her knees under her chin. "But…it wouldn't be possible also…because…he sees me the way he sees suction cups. Something to suck and blow air with. Not husband material, if I say so myself. But then again…" She cupped her face. "…what if…" She glanced at the TV screen, and then shrieked. "You're so cuuuute, Wallace! Dump Felicity already! Be mine!"

….

So in the end, the feelings between the two weren't cleared up. Anyway, what will happen when Yamanaka Ino arrives in the scene? And Hiashi, too? What if it was Wallace who comes instead? These, and more questions will be answered in the next chapter of Chicharong Flower.