Chapter 18

"I have great news for all of you!" Tenten announced the next morning.

"You will be able to sell chicharong flower again?" Hinata.

"You already know how to cook other meals aside from chicharon, fried fish, and balut?" Neji.

"You will marriage my brother-in-law?" Naruto.

Tenten rolled her eyes. "As if!" She sighed dramatically. "Anyway, Hyuuga Neji, you're the one concerned here, so listen closely."

Neji looked at her expectantly. "You will confirm what Naruto said?"

"Nah...but I do have some other gal I can recommend. Your future fiancée..." She held out a piece of paper she had just finished printing. "Voila!"

The three stared at the picture. A cheerful-looking long-haired blonde who was holding out a peace sign was posed on the photo.

"Her name is Yamanaka Ino. She is the only daughter of a rich florist that runs the flowers distribution for the parlors all over the country," she introduced.

"S-She doesn't look familiar..." murmured Hinata.

"They're new in the business."

"Flowers aren't that needed in parlors," protested Neji, pondering on what the beauticians do with the flowers. Come to think of it, he was no frequenter of a beauty parlor. His dad was, a patron of hair rebonding. But him, a big no. The first and last time he entered one, he was traumatized. The jutsu of the gay beauticians who obviously had the hots for him had a far more frightening power than that of Kyuubi within Naruto.

"I don't know what kind of civilization you were reared in, Hyuuga Neji, but in our culture, we honor our dead with flowers,": Tenten groaned, massaging her temples nya.

Neji sweatdropped. Oh. A funeral parlor...

"So Uncle will not kill you anymore?" Naruto turned to Neji.

"The woman you chose looks decent by all standards, Tenten. Surely, Uncle won't doubt her anymore." Neji smiled. "Nice job, Tenten."

She nearly choked. Despite the dozen of horns that Hyuuga Neji had when teasing her, he had that uncanny ability of looking like an adorable angel if he wanted to...and instant at that! "What 'nice job'?" she asked, doing her best to sound casual. "Don't forget the pigs for my chicharon!"

"Let's see first if the girl would be effective," said Neji.

"Oh come on, Hyuuga Neji why would I deceive you? You know very well how much I respect and look up to you!" She sat down and began her meal. "Should I arrange her for her activities once Hinata's dad comes?"

"Won't you even give me time to know that woman better?" Neji protested. "What if she doesn't size up to my expectations?"

Tenten choked. The audacity of this guy..."Neji, there are no more options." She crossed her arms. "It's either her or humiliation in your uncle's hands."

His eyes twinkled peculiarly. "I can always choose you."