Annointed and Consecrated

A month passed following the Battle of King's Landing, many of the smallfolk called the dragons burning of the ironborn as the Scourging of Blackwater Bay. The city was being repaired, progress was slow but things were beginning to return to normal. The Throne Room had been remodeled to have an open space behind the throne, so that Drogon could land Daenerys quickly to the throne room. For the Queen herself, she gave the necessary one month break for everyone so she could plan and reorganize. The Tyrells and Martells had arrived, the Stormlords were on their way while the Ironborn had sworn fealty to Asha Greyjoy. She had summoned Velaryon and Celtigar lords to the capital as well.

All that was left to reclaim of her realm were the Riverlands and the Vale. The North? They can rot in their wastelands. She cared little for the land of ungrateful lords and people. She realized that wanting love was a peak of vanity but she at least hoped for gratefulness. Yet even that was not received in her past life.

As she stared at the form of the city from the highest tower of the Red Keep, at least the people of King's Landing were getting accustomed to her. She had the Dothraki and Silent Sisters distribute food and tend to the wounded. The Unsullied were tasked with patrolling the streets and protecting the city. Everyday there were fewer cases of disputes between her soldiers and the smallfolk. The fewer the better.

As she turned back, Missandei who was at her side smiled. She lives, she lives. Daenerys had made it a priority to check up on her close friend. Missandei herself brought reports following the battle. She rushed to hug the Naathi girl as soon as she saw her in the throne room. The translator shocked but relented into the hug, pressed a small paper note to the dragon Queen's hand.

The halfman has betrayed us Your Grace. Little birds sung his songs to alert the usurper and king-killer, they planned to flee East.

Daenerys controlled her rage, even in this life he would betray her. His love for his family overruled his allegiance to his Queen. What made this worse was the fact that Grey Worm had reported of wildfire explosion in Flea Bottom. Her heart ached at the prospect of the poor and weak suffering a painful and prolonged death from immortal fire. Tyrion was Hand of the King when Stannis had attempted to capture the city. He had employed wildfire while disposing of its surpluses. He who had grown up with the usurper Queen did not even bother to inform his true Queen of the possibility of this wildfire.

She had Daario arrest Varys and Tyrion who were now in the Black Cells. Cersei and the Kingslayer were placed in opposing cells. Let the siblings have their final moments together. When all the lords are present, she will hold court. She will dispense justice to these traitors.

A week passed and the capital was filled with lords and ladies. Even ones from the Riverlands and Vale were present, Houses Blackwood, Bracken, Mallister, Royce, Waynwood, Grafton, Cobray and many more. Major houses in these regions, all coming to her. Good this will speed up much work to be done.

As she entered the throne room, flanked by the healed Ser Jorah Mormont, Lord Commander of the Queensguard. She smiled at the thought of her protector, healed and of better health. Missandei too was there, as the Queen's Voice. Olenna Tyrell as Hand of the Queen, Doran Martell as Master of Laws and Grey Work as Grand Commander. The courtiers made way for the new Queen and her small council. Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion circled the Red Keep. Drogon landing behind the throne, awaiting his mother.

As she climbed the steps, she gave a quick smile to the newly appointed High Septon who bowed before her. In his hands was the Crown of Jaehaerys I, with his aides holding holy water and oils. Today she would be anointed as Queen. Today she would reclaim the legacy of her family.

With her council on the flanks, Unsullied guarding the lower steps and Drogon behind her. The High Septon began, "By Grace of the Seven-Who-Are-One, we are here today to proclaim a new reign!" He bellowed to the court of nobles and even smallfolk present. She made sure that the smallfolk would be present, separated but present together with the nobility.

"Is Your Grace willing to take the Oath?"

"I am willing."

The High Septon first poured holy oil and drew the symbol of the Seven Pointed Star upon her forehead. He then drew one on the right side of her upper chest.

"Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy to all your judgements?"

"I will." To which she was given the Orb of Sovereignty placed upon her left palm.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the Andals, First Men, and of the Rhoynar  with Possessions and the other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?"

"I do." To which Dark Sister, unsheathed was place in the grip of her right hand.

The High Septon then proceeded to place the crown of Jaehaerys I upon her head, a golden circlet with seven colored stones embedded into it. As the crown was lowered, Daenerys closed her eyes feeling the weight of this moment on her shoulders. As the crown was completely lowered with the Septon aside, she opened her eyes to the sight of awe in the crowds. She then turned and ascended the final steps of the Iron Throne, with the last step, she turned back to the crowd.

"The things which I have here before promised, I will perform and keep. So help me Gods of the Old and the New." and she lowered herself until she was fully backed by the metal seat.

The High Septon and his septons, heads lowered walked slowly until they were at the bottom of the throne's steps.

"All hail her Majesty, Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, Rhoynar and First Men. Queen of Meereen, of Yunkai and of Astapor. Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Sovereign of the Seven Kingdoms, Mother of Dragons and Breaker of Chains." The High Septon proclaimed to the cheers of the Court.

"So be thou anointed,blessed and consecrated Queen over the peoples. A Sage lady blessing our nation, savior of the realm from tyranny and shield of the people."

"Long live the Queen!" The courtiers present hailed, in the background her children gave a great roar of approval.

Artwork by Matias Habert