Long Live the Queen

Tonight would be the celebration of her fifth year on the throne. She woke up to the sight of Daeron and Daenys ecstatically jumping on her bed. Aegon smiled holding a bouquet of red roses for her. On other days she would have wrestled the children but it felt nice to be pampered for once. "Mama it's five years today! I wanna eat lemon cakes and sweets Princess Arianne sent." practically begged Daenys. Her eye twitched knowing her children were taking advantage of her good-will today. "Fine. Only 2 and share with Daeron." she ruffled her curls as the princess pouted to her twin-brother's face breaking smile. "First to the kitchen, gets both!" Daeron declares as he bolts out. Daenys almost screeches but bolts after him. 

Aegon smiles, helping her out the bed. He gives her a chaste kiss. "I have to confess that I might have a surprise for you tonight, right after the ball. For now, however.." he declared his intent well enough. A trail of kisses down her neck, alas she said farewell to the morning. It was practically near midday when she finally left her chambers. Bathed and freshened. Aegon by her side, both in the blacks and reds of their shared heritage. They were in semi-formal clothing, she planned on taking Drogon for a flight around King's Landing. First however, she had to hold court. For that, she wore the crown of Jaehaerys I. 

Every guard and servant that she passed, bowed and wished her good tidings. The door to the throne room opened. The courtiers and present nobility, from each kingdom, knelt in reverence. Many had traveled far and wide to partake in the celebrations. As she ascended the dais, she took her seat. Aegon stood by her side. Missandei, smiled to her and turned to the crowd. "The Queen will now hear all petitions brought forth,". 

The hours pass and petitions are many but not as overwhelming as usual. Most are audiences of good wishes and fair tidings. The expanded merchant class dispatched a group delegation. They were lead by Magister Este, a prominent ex-Braavosi who made a living in Westeros after the wars. In his dark clad robes, with hinges of purple and a golden ring, signifying wealth. He bowed lowly. 

"Your Majesty, I am deeply honoured to be a subject of your realm. We from the Merchant Quarter are united in our support for you. We compete and fight, yes but we tie ourselves to your brilliant will. Please, accept our humble gifts in honour of of your Fifth Year." he bowed with a flourished. Purple silks in the dozens were brought forth. Humble indeed she thought to herself. These silks combined were wealthier than most landed lords with exception of second-ranked and Lord Paramountcies. 

"We must thank the delegation, for such bounty. It is a celebratory day, and We find it a must to dispense with good cheers to loyal and productive subjects. We declare taxes on imports and exports be reduced by two percent. A reward to subjects whom have enriched Our realm." the merchant delegation cheered, Magister Este bowed and smiled, borderline smirked. She knew has been angling for a full five percent reduction. She knows to give little by little, never be too generous. Always leave the gluttonous wanting more. 

Followed suit, was the landed nobility. Fine furs, produce such as wines and preserves. She never admitted it, but she does find herself enjoying the taste of dornish reds. Princess Arianne sent casks of it. The Tyrells bestowed a painting of her, entitled the Glorious Queen. The court gasps and delivers a round of applause. It is a picturesque angle of her standing tall hands folded together, dressed in scarlet black and reds. Her painted expression was neither happy, wroth or emotional whatsoever. It was serene and dark calm. Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion are recognisable in the skies whilst Cannibal stands protectively behind her.

An accompanying poet encapsulates her in the painting. 

"All Hail Sage Queen, whom a grateful land hath blessed.

Not moving, not breathing. Our very own Goddess.

Glorious Gloriana.