Made Anew

The night was long and cold, she pulled her furs closer to her as she attached herself to the warmth of her scaled children. The dragons were calm, feasting upon cattle, while she inspected them of any injuries suffered. She heard footsteps in the back, turning her head she saw her husband. She smiled, he was unharmed as was with Jon Snow. But she saw the exhaustion. He came over and caressed Rhaegal before embracing her tightly. "I don't know how do you do it," she hears clearly from his face buried in her braided hair. "how you ride Drogon for so long and still able to walk as normal," she laughed, pulling back to slightly push him off.

"Dany," he held her hand, before she could pull off fully. "We need to talk about Jon Snow and his latest ability to ride Viserion." She sighed, but she had to be honest to her spouse. It was the least she could do. She sat him down near Rhaegal, the dragon flapping its leathery wings to provide closure. "It is a story that would make your mouth drop in shock." She began the tale of Robert's Rebellion. The basics as usual, the tyranny of Aerys II coupled with the kidnapping of Lyanna by Rhaegar and the alleged rape that took place. "Only it was never rape, Rhaegar.." she paused, "he loved Lyanna Stark." Aegon listened with full attention. "They loved each other so much, Rhaegar had his marriage to Elia declared annulled and wedded her in secret." She brushed over the Targaryen brooch she wore, "and they had a son, raised in secret as the bastard of Eddard Stark. He is Jon Snow." Aegon tipped his head to the side, "Did Elia Martell know of the annulling?" He asked, she shook her head in the negative.

He smiled, "based on what Haldon taught me, Westerosi religious law covering annulling marriages requires the other spouse to know of the annulling. It would then lead to a trial of seven septons, provided it was marriage before the Seven, where each party would make their case. The husband and wife are given equal chances to defend themselves from a request of annulling. If it is proven Elia Martell did not know off or consented or even attended a trial for divorce, Rhaegar's second marriage is null and void." He stood up, pacing back and forth, trying to recall his lessons.

"If that is the case, Jon Snow is really a bastard?" He turned to her, the Valyrian famous violet eyes staring at her, and nodded. She felt the biggest worry drop off her shoulders and rushed to pull Aegon into the biggest hug she could give. Kissing him on the lips in the process, when the moment ended both were breathless. "I had not known my husband was a great legal mind," he laughed, hands on her waist. "Nay," he raised one to brush her stray strand of hair aside. "a bookworm I am, a product of forced reading and lessons." before he lowered down again and kissed her slowly and gently. His hands raised to her back, one gripping her tightly causing her to shriek in surprise allowing him to slip his tongue into her mouth. The dragons surrounding them looked on as if annoyed and raised their wings to surround the royal couple.

They broke off their kiss, laughing at the actions of these dragons who were like children seeing their parents kiss. "They really are little boys trapped in the body of majestic dragons," he smiled and she looked upon him with a new sense of love. She pulled him aside, "let us retire for the night, my lord husband." He smirked, "as my Queen commands."

X

She awoke in the morning, snuggled to Aegon's side. Both were as naked as the days they were born. She smiled, tracing her fingers upon her husband's lean figure. Giggling at the sight of his face twitching as she grazed over his neck. She smiled, getting up from bed to wear her robes. She remembered now that she had a war to end before she could indulge in peace. She called for Missandei who brought with her several handmaidens. They returned to her official rooms, where she bathed. Missandei grinned at the sight of disheveled hair while the Dothraki maids were whispering how a Khal had been conceived. She smiled, hoping that it be true. A child quickening in her womb, a product of true love. She cared little for boy or girl but it would be her child. As the hot water was poured, she lowered herself, getting scrubbed off any dirt and grimes from the night before. Her hair free of the soot produced from dragonfire. Her face washed and cleared, she felt clean and pure. As if reborn of sorts.