The Dragon's Rule

When they departed Winterfell, she looked out in the distance from her place on the battlements. The Bolton Banner, long kept, dusty and bloodied flying at the head of a column marching East to the Dreadfort. Daenerys hopes with this move Sansa Stark is no longer a threat. As she turned to her already marching army and vassals, she nodded to her Queensguard. They left her and Aegon to their devices. Three dragons circled the skies. As much as she was glad to leave, it did break her heart that Viserion had bonded to Jon. The newly legitimatized Stark became the new rider of her smallest child. It ached her heart realizing that she part ways from him. However, seeing him bond with Jon brought some comfort knowing that a dragon with a rider is safer than a riderless dragon.

She descended the battlements as Drogon and Rhaegal landed. Climbing the wing and mounting her black dread son. She turned to look over the grey snow covered surroundings. Now she is free from this ungrateful land. Vallahad Drogon took to the skies with Rhaegal joining the black behemoth Cannibal. The old dragon intrigued her, she wondered for what purpose did this dragon awake and join her. She did not let the thoughts distract her. She has 6 other kingdoms to rule over in the South.

X

As they approached King's Landing, horns blared as the people cheered her return. Unsullied and her southern banners marched in perfect tandem. Dothraki cheered along. Landing at the courtyard which had been expanded to accommodate the dragons, she dismounted and headed to the gate overseeing the first level of the Red Keep. The smallfolk cheered her, waving makeshift Targaryen banners as Unsullied perfectly lined up stood in silence. The Dothraki on their horses cheered in their native language.

Aegon and her advisors stood behind her, at a respectable distance. Daenerys allowed herself to savor the moment. To let victory seep into her skin. All she had overcame led to this moment. Her children alive. Her house strong and prosperous. Her friends and loved ones strong and alive. She had never felt so alive. Drogon, Cannibal and Rhaegal perching themselves on nearby towers. She took note that they need to be rebuilt and strengthened if her children are going to perch themselves there. Now, that aside. She turned to the people cheering her on. The loud sounds made were not screams of terror and agony but jovial and happy. In this time, she has saved herself from turning to darkness. The madness that led her to commit such atrocities.

As the sun rays shined down upon the great gathering, she could finally live to her words. No more looking back. No more letting the past haunt her. Now she must look to the present and the future. The age of the lion and wolf is over.

Now, her children roaring in the background, is the Age of the Dragon.

Fire and Blood