Takes Two to Tango

*How Vegeta found himself falling in love with the last person he thought he would*

Vegeta watched the dusty wind blow through this strange Saiyan's hair. A third class with such power? It was unheard of. Well, there was the exception of this particular Saiyan's father; perhaps that had a hand in this strange turn of events. If this Saiyan could disable one of the greatest elite of the last generation, then what potential did he still hold? He could easily grow as powerful as Vegeta himself, and the thought made a grin cross his face.

He was... strangely beautiful as well. While Vegeta knew that those of royal blood were easily the most beautiful of the Saiyan race, this man had every quality that one could seek in a mate, including that unnatural appearance- identical to his father's. Bardock had good blood for being a third class, and his son carried it just as strongly.

"You can still stop this!" Kakarrot called out to him. The name these Earthlings called him by just... felt nasty coming out of his mouth. 'Kakarrot' rolled off the tongue prettily. "Let's just talk this out! Why are you so set on killing me?"

Why was he? Kakarrot's appearance did seem to activate a bloodlust in him, but that was likely inspired by an actual sexual need rather than the act of killing itself. Raditz had meant little to him, but the loss of Nappa was a pretty savage blow to a soft spot even though he himself had dealt the killing strike. That still wasn't enough to warrant killing this hot creature in front of him, so why was he?

"I might not kill you yet," he barked down to Kakarrot, "but I've been waiting a fucking long time for a good fight and I'll be damned if I walk away from one now!"

Vegeta saw him sigh deeply. "I'll fight ya, but I'd really rather deal with this peacefully."

"These Earthlings have really fucked up your head, haven't they?" Vegeta said. "We're Saiyans, Kakarrot, born and bred to fight." He truly was just gorgeous. He was a little off in the head, but the body he pictured under those loose clothes was easily a good fill in for any lack of brains. Vegeta fell into a battle stance. The closer he could get to this beautiful man, the better.

Kakarrot shook his head and also prepared himself. For several moments, the only sound to be heard was the wind. Then, with a burst of power that briefly made Vegeta's knees weak at the sheer level of it, Kakarrot came rocketing up to attack him.

What ensued was the best fight of Vegeta's entre life up to that point. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins at an alarming rate. Being that close to Kakarrot was setting off a hundred different bodily reactions that he really didn't need right now. It ended with the two of them helpless on the ground, thoroughly beaten and unable to move.

Vegeta laughed breathlessly. "Fuck, that was... Haha, that was better than sex." He managed to turn his head enough to set his eyes on Kakarrot. "I've decided not to kill you," he said, to which Kakarrot blinked open those gorgeous eyes. "I like you. That was the best fight I've ever had in my life."

"Me... Me too," Kakarrot replied, letting his eyes fall shut again. "And I kinda like ya too, Vegeta. Good fighter."

"Can you get up?"

"Nah."

"Me neither."

They lay there in silence for several minutes, just trying to catch their breaths. Vegeta laughed to himself again as he thought. Kakarrot was dumber than a box of rocks, but he looked like a god. He let his gaze again slide over to the weary Saiyan and purred softly.

Kakarrot glanced at him, looking confused. "Did you just... Did you just purr?"

"Yeah," Vegeta said, a little defensively. "I've just had the best fight of my entire life and I'm incapacitated next to the very attractive Saiyan who gave me that fight. You'd purr too."

Kakarrot blushed cutely. "You, uh... like guys?"

"What's that supposed to mean? Of course I do. I can't stand females and similar genders. Well, not sexually anyway; otherwise I love them." Miraculously summoning enough strength to pull himself closer to Kakarrot, then to straddle his lap, Vegeta then grinned wickedly and went on. "How about you, Kakarrot? What are you into?"

Kakarrot seemed speechless from Vegeta's spontaneous advances. "Uh... Kinda into you right about now..."

Vegeta chuckled and rocked his hips slightly. The other Saiyan purred, and Vegeta laughed. "See, there we go. Purring like a cub." He tilted his head with a smirk. "Maybe you're not quite as naive as I assumed."

"Nah, I'm pretty dumb," Kakarrot said. "I just happen to know what's on your mind right now."

"Oh?" Vegeta laughed, his body never stilling. Kakarrot was starting to get into it too. "And what would that be?"

"I think ya'd prefer it if I showed you rather than talk about it," Kakarrot retorted with a surprisingly wicked grin.

Oh gods, he was in love.