Prologue

No Copyright Infringement Intended- throughout whole story

_____________________________________________________

      In The Ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh, cruel, and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

      Many, many years ago a rebellion rose up against the Capitol known as the ‘The Dark Days’. War and chaos broke out among everyone leading to the Capitol destroying District 13. Therefore, to make sure that the people of Panem never rebelled again, The Hunger Games were created.

       Mostly the Capitol just wants to feel like they are in control, Forcing us to watch our loved ones get slaughters in an arena that could be anything;  Scorching deserts, vast forest, frozen wastelands, and for what? To prove that they will always be stronger than we will, we can do nothing in our power to escape them. Those kids will pay for what their past family members did.

      This year is the 50th Annual Hunger Games, also the 2nd Quarter Quell. Every twenty- five years a twist is put on the games. The first Quarter Quell every district had to choose their tributes. This year there will twice as many tributes. Sadly myself, Haymitch Abernathy will be one of those kids.