Part 8

The team exchanged glances unsure of their decision. Yes, they wanted more information regarding Sikander. But everyone was aware of Arjun's anger issue and it could potentially cause trouble for the mission. The team glanced at Arjun, trying to understand his state of mind. However, his expressionless face failed to betray his thoughts.

Suddenly, Arjun turned his gaze to Sameer was silently pleading him to not create another scene before they got their hands on the information. Not bothering to respond verbally, Arjun nodded his head.

Sameer- We are ready to cooperate with you, Riya. Now please tell us what you know about Sikander.

Arjun stared at him in slight irritation at the 'please', but Sameer simply ignored his looks. Riya looked in his eyes and concluded that he was genuinely accepting her deal. She sighed in defeat, knowing there was no way she could evade the situation now.

Riya- Alright Mr. Rathore. But I expect complete cooperation from you and your team.

Seeing six heads nod at her statement, she continued.

Riya- As you already know...Sikander is an underworld don who's responsible for several heinous crimes. Drug dealing, human trafficking, weaponry smuggling is just a few of his businesses. He had mercilessly killed people and committed sins without paying a second thought to those who would be affected. And one of your team members was one of those victims.

Her eyes drifted to Arjun, who had clenched his hands into tight fists. Even a blind could tell she was referring to the second-in-command of ETF and it pinched everyone's heart to see the fury present in his eyes. He was close...very close...to losing his cool.

Arjun- We know that Riya. Would you mind getting directly to the point?

The sarcasm in his tone was evident and it flared her temper. But she managed to keep her calm as she turned back to the team. She neither had the time nor the mood of dealing with the rude ACP because there were important matters that needed attending to.

Riya- But there were several others who fell prey to Sikander's evil schemes. And like Mr. Rawte, they want revenge. And they will be our primary help in this mission.

Arjun- We don't need any help. Just tell me where he is! I can deal with Sikander alone, samjhi ya samjhaun?

His sudden yell startled everyone. His bulging nostrils and red eyes indicated that the flimsy thread of his fury was about to break. But Riya wasn't the one to sit quietly.

Riya- Yes, we need their help Mr. Rawte because you're not the only one who was attacked by Sikander. You are not the only one suffering at the hands of that monster. And frankly speaking, you're certainly not capable of defeating him alone. These people have lost much more than you have and they deserve a chance at avenging what they have lost. I had already asked you to cooperate but if you're planning on keeping this attitude, you're more than welcome to find clues about Sikander on your own.

Although her voice was calm, everyone could feel waves of frustration radiate off of her. After all, Arjun was not an easy person to deal with. She closed the file and collected her paper, getting up from her place with the intention of leaving the room. Realizing that this was their last source of ever knowing about Sikander, Sameer quickly called her.

Sameer- Wait Riya! Please just ignore Arjun and his big mouth. I'm the chief of ETF and I give you my word that you will never have to face nonsense from my officers again. Right Arjun?

Arjun, unwillingly, nodded in agreement at the warning. However, he didn't turn his glaring eyes away from her figure. Riya saw this and shook her head, seating herself once again. She pulled out a paper and kept it in the center of the table. The profile of a man in his late 30s was proudly displaying on the white canvas.