Part 9

The team walked into a old house, the furniture covered with cloth and dust on the window sills. Each of them strolled their luggages behind them.

Riya- Okay guys we will be staying here...rather you all will be staying here.

Few hours ago

ETF was surely quite shocked after Riya revealed that they will be going to Dubai for an undercover mission. The team had many questions but Riya assured them she had everything sorted out. Before leaving for the airport Riya had briefed them on their plan.

All of them will be meeting and living at Mohit Singhs old house which is located in an isolated part of Dubai. Sameer and Ayesha will be posing as a honeymoon couple while Riya and Arjun will be celebrating their 3rd anniversary. The others will do mainly information collection without coming in sight.

They were all also provided fake passports with real names. They are also scheduled to meet their four helpers the next day.

Present

Sakshi- Means?

Riya- Arjun, Ayesha, Sameer and I will be shifting into a hotel in about an hour.

They all nodded.

Riya- Good, freshen up, and then let's get this place in order. After that the four of us will leave for the hotel and meet you guys back over here at 5:00 . We will the discuss things further.

All of them went inside except Riya and Arjun, Ayesha and Rathore also went to offer a helping hand.

The two of them took in a deep breath and looked at each other a little nervous. Suddenly Riya's head starts spinning and she is about to fall when Arjun catches her.

Arjun lightly patting her cheeks while she is in his arms.

She tried to stand up as she used Arjun for support. Her hand flew to her forehead as pain coursed through her head.

Arjun- You okay?

She nodded.

Riya- I need some air

she breathe out heavily as she turned to walk out, her steps faltered, making her stumble forward, she lost her balance and was on the verge of falling but Arjun caught her.

He took her left hand in his left hand as he placed his right arm on her shoulder. Giving her support he walked her outside.

As the cool air hit her face, her lips curved into a smile, the wind howled and that was the only sound that could be heard, the view was serene, Riya relaxed a bit.

Arjun- you better?

Riya nodded as he withdrew his hold on her.

Riya - Arjun...

Arjun- hmm

He hummed back in to response

Riya - you know that I don't think that ETF is incapable right?

Arjun nodded but refused to say anything, making Riya sigh and continue.

Riya- I had to test the waters before I let anyone in on this plan

Arjun- I get it, at first I hated it, but ever since you have let us in on this plan I have started understanding the occurrences.

Riya raised an eyebrow as he continued to talk

Arjun- you purposely fainted that day to let the goon get away.

Riya nodded not very surprise that he figured it out.

Arjun- there is no bad blood between us anymore Riya. I get it , we all do.

She smiled, all of a sudden a weight lifted of her chest.

Arjun- Riya

Riya- hmm

She hummed

Arjun- shree was only doing his job

Riya turned stiff at the mention if Shree and then let out a scoff

Riya - of betraying his Friend??

He turned to look at her, her hair flying , the sun hitting her face making it look like it was her radiating the warmth and how her eyes did not even waver, focused on the horizon.

Arjun- betraying his Friend to protect her

She looked at him, his deep dark brown eyes, the sincerity on his face.

She just hummed in response wanting to end the conversation. Understanding what she was trying to do Arjun spoke again.

Arjun- I can see it Riya

He stressed in her name

Arjun- your being cold to him, how it is breaking the two of you inside how -

He was cut short by Riya

Riya- it is not my indifference that is breaking him, it is the guilt, and it is not the fight that is breaking me it is the betrayal. But both of us are too strong to break Arjun. We will survive this... alone

Arjun held her arm and turned her body towards him so she was facing him.

Arjun- but he did not betray you, he only wanted to protect you, like a good friend and like a member of the ETF. Forgive him Riya. He is not at fault. None of us are.

She nodded

Riya -  I will

she said before turning back to look at scenery.

Silence filled the space between them. After a while Arjun broke the silence.

Arjun - if you are feeling okay we can go back inside

She nodded as they started walking back

Arjun - what happened?

She turned to look at him, confusion portrayed one her face

Arjun- I mean you almost fainted

She smiled

Riya - I have big bit eaten anything that is why I felt a little bit light headed. Actually plane food does not suit me much and I forgot to pick up something from the airport.

She smiled at him sheepishly as he shook us head in disbelief at her childishness. Who would think she is an ace lawyer

Riya- I will eat something in the hotel

Arjun nodded as the stepped back into the apartment. They looked around to see that the team had done a kid the cleaning already. The white cloth on the furniture was gone and the floor was sweeped. Riya smiled, a little impressed at the speed. 

Shree was folding a blanket when Riya walked up to him. Riya looked back at Arjun who gave her an encouraging smile. Go for it! He mouthed, she nodded.

Shree who had not noticed her yet looked up when she called out his name.

Riya- I am sorry for blasting of like that. At that time it just seemed like a massive betrayal.

She sighed feeling light as the last of the burden slipped away.

Shree held her hands in his

Shree - I am sorry too, but I just wanted to protect you, your safety was my priority.

Tears spilled out of his eyes, her confrontation made his heart so much lighter. Riya pulled him into a tight hug as the ETF team gathered around them, all smiles seeing this amazing bond back on track!

***
Hope you all liked the update!