Chapter Twenty: Becoming One

Back in the Lounge

I woke up slowly to hear the group cheering about cleansing the fourth artifact. However, I wasn't feeling like myself anymore, for some weird reason. My mind was changing into different types of thoughts. Thoughts that were about betrayal and darkness. As I got up slowly, Joey caught my eyes. "Genesis! You're awake!", he shouted as everyone else turned around to look at me. As they all got up, I heard the Carnival Master in my head. "Come to the church, now! Before it's too late...", he told me as I saw everyone coming up to me. "Genesis, we were so worried about you. We already found th-", Colleen told me. But I wasn't paying attention to her. I was just sitting up, and quiet. This got everyone to go into confusion. "Genesis? Are you alright?", Ro asked me as I still stayed quiet. "Child, what's the matter?", Calliope asked as I still didn't say anything. "Genesis, are you okay?", Joey asked me as he grabbed my hand. This got the Carnival Master's voice to come back. "Run! Run while you still have the chance to escape!", he ordered me. Suddenly, my eyes began to turn into a demon black color, and everyone started to freak out. I smiled evilly and answered the master in my head. "Yes, master!...", I say while getting up and making a run for it. As I ran out of the hideout, I could hear everyone chasing after me. I ran around the town and caught a dead end at my last turn. I had to think quickly before I was captured. So I took off my hat as a decoy, and ran away to another spot to hide behind. I looked a tiny bit and saw the group looking at my hat on the ground. Joey picked it up and started to get upset. As I smiled evilly, I ran to the cemetery to find the abandon church.

At the Abandon Church

Once I got to the building, I opened up the door and closed it quickly. The Carnival Master saw me and smiled. "You escaped! Perfect... Now we can stop that savant from collecting those artifacts, and I can finally take over the town before it's too late. And I want your help in order to make this all happen. With you by my side, as my new witch. Are we clear on that?...", he explained to me. I gave him an evil smile and my eyes glowed. "Yes, master...", I say to him.

(This story is now going to take a twist on what will happen when I work with the Carnival Master, and leave Joey and the others behind.)