Chapter Twenty Nine: Breaking the Curse

As I looked up at the almost morning sky, I heard footsteps from behind me. "Well, it looks like we did it.", Joey tells me as I turn around to see him smiling at me. "You mean, you and the other two did it. But for me, not so much... Look Joey, I'm so sorry if I did this to you. I just didn't know what got into me.", I explain to him. "It's okay. The Carnival Master tricked us both. So technically, it's both of our fault for lying to each other and our friends.", he said. We both then started laughing and looked back at each other. I absolutely loved the way he laughs. His laughter makes me smile. "So, if I need to ask, was all of that "you care about me stuff" even real of what you told me back there?", Joey asked me with a smile. I looked up quickly and immediately started to blush. "Uh! No! I-I didn't know what came over to me. I was just...", I blabbered at him. That question he asked me, really made me lose my way of talking. "So let me ask you something else: Were you worried about losing your life? Or me?", he asked as I looked at him like if he was crazy. "What? I wasn't worried at all about you. I cared if I survived the night, too.", I told him. However, he gave me a funny look while crossing his arms. "Then why are you still blushing at me?", he asked as I tried to act normal. "Okay! I don't know about you, but it is so hot outside.", I lied. I'm surprised that Joey knew right away. "Just admit it: You care for me, a lot!", he said as I put my hands on my hips. "Joey, I don't care for you! I love-", I tell him. However, I shut up and couldn't believe what just came out of my mouth. This made Joey look at me for a second, and he was surprised. "I-I didn't mean- I was trying- What I meant to say-", I tell him while blabbering again. As I tried to talk straight, he placed his finger on my lips and shushed me. "Shh... I knew from the start that you had feelings for me. And I must say, I am very surprised. Because out of all the people I invited to help me, I knew that one of you really cared for me. And that person, was you!", he explains. Joey then placed his hands on my shoulders to pull me in close, and I immediately blush even more. Staring into those beautiful green eyes, really took my breath away. "Joey... I-I don't know what to say... You see, I've missed you for so long... I-I was so worried about you. If I never see you again, then I wouldn't know what to do... But now that I'm here with you, I'm not the same person anymore...", I tell him all quietly. I kind of felt bad that I was going to be stuck like this forever; so much for becoming a witch. Joey lifted my chin up with his finger and looked at me. "I don't care if you're still the same or not. What matters is that you're here with me once again. And that you're safe. And as long as we stick together, nothing bad will ever happen to us... Ever...", he tells me in the sweetest voice I've ever heard. I couldn't help but cry a bit and smile. "Oh, Joey...", I told him while closing my eyes. Joey did the same thing too, and moved closer to me. I wrapped my arms around him quickly, and the two of us touched lips immediately. (I know that he's gay. I'm just making this out of context to the story.) I wasn't expecting the night to turn out like this, but it was. As he kept on kissing me, my eyes began to glowing into a bright yellow, and a yellow strain of magic shot out of my mouth. As the spark went up into the sky like a firework, it turned into sprinkles of magic and rained all over me. I then felt the magic breaking my curse, and it was actually happening. As the magic cleared away, I saw that I wasn't a witch anymore. The horns were gone, and so were my evil appearances. My dress even transformed into something beautiful and not evil-like anymore.

My hair was even in curls, and my makeup wasn't scary anymore either

My hair was even in curls, and my makeup wasn't scary anymore either. As I looked around my new dress, I spun around in happiness. "I-I'm free! The curse is broken! I'm free! Haha!", I tell myself as Joey giggled. I then saw Matt and Nikita coming up to me, and we all hugged. "So glad to have you back.", Matt told me as I smiled at him. "Told you that you had feelings for him.", Nikita teased me as I giggled and hugged her. I then turned back to Joey, and he picked me up in the air and spun me around in a hug. I giggled as he placed me down on the ground.

My Confession: The reading about the girl on the map, was actually true. The last part of the story saved me. Looks like it is true love's words that helps break the curse.

As me and the group hug one more time, we all go back inside the church. "Let's go home.", Joey tells us as we all smile. We all then place the Life Stones around the Carnival Master, and it's magic goes out of the church and to the entire town. Finally, the curse is broken.