Chapter Twenty Two: Confrontation of a Savant

Deep in the Cemetery

I walked slowly in my tracks so I wouldn't be seen by the others, if they find me. As I kept on walking, I saw some of the witches guarding the cemetery and talking to each other. They all had the same features I had: Black clothing and horns. They also had wands with them, and I got one when I came to the church. As I went to one of the tombstones to hid from the others, I heard voices coming to the cemetery. It was actually the group, and the witches were trying to get rid of them. I was just lying back, waiting for any of them to come to me. But as I did, I heard a voice. "Uh, excuse me? I'm looking for bones. Do you, have any?...", the voice said as I turned around to see that it was Joey. He saw my face immediately and was shocked. I was in shock as well. "G-Genesis? It's you!", he said while coming up to me. But as he did, I pointed my wand at him to not come any further. "Stay back, Joey...", I told him as he put his hands up and stopped where he was. "He's the traitor. Remember that!", I heard the Carnival Master's voice in my head. I ignored it for a second and looked at Joey. "Genesis, what happened to you? Why are you acting like this?", he asked me. I looked down at the ground for a second and lowered my wand. "Joey, why did you lie?", I asked him. Joey looked at me in and pretended to not know what I was saying. "What? What do you mean why did I lie?", he said as I gave him a disappointing face expression. "I know about the contract! I know that you signed me and the others to go out into those challenges as sacrifices to die, just for you to live! How could you do this to us? How could you do this to me? How could you do this to... Yourself?", I told him while crying a little bit. Joey stood there for a few seconds and finally answered me. "Genesis... Everything I did was not for you all to go out and get yourselves killed. I just wanted you all to help me save this town. Even if the contract wanted you all to die, I still didn't want any of this to happen. Please believe me.", Joey explained. I wiped a few of my tears away and didn't believe what he said again. "I don't believe you!... You put us all in danger, because of your decision. He told me that. The Carnival Master showed me.", I said. "The Carnival Master? No! Genesis- He's- He's just using you to betray me. You can't listen to everything that he tells you!", Joey said as he was still shocked to find out who I was with the whole time. I got tears to go down my face again, but I didn't let that stop me. "He's been with me ever since I was bitten. He told me that you're the traitor in the group. And that you don't deserve to live. So don't take this the wrong way, but I have to get rid of you.", I explained while holding up my wand again. Joey looked scared at what was happening now. I was scared too; only on the outside, though. "Genesis, please don't do this... You're my best friend. I would never want you hurt or dead.", he told me as I cried this time. "You're lying to me again! I can't believe you at all... What's next? You're going to tell me that the entire time we were here, you never cared about me at all? What about the others?", I said angrily. Joey came up to me quickly to grab my hand and have me look at him. I didn't fight him off or anything. Instead, I decided to hear what he had to say to me. "Genesis, listen to me! I didn't do anything to have you or the others get into this type of trouble. The Society Against Evil needed my help. I had to do something! You would've done the same thing too, if this happens to you. Please believe me on this one... I was so worried on what happened to you. The group needs you. I need you...", Joey explained to me. I looked at him for a second and went quiet. I never seen him like this before ever. But how could I know if I could trust him or not? I took my hand away from him and started to cry a bit more. "He's told me that you've been the liar this entire time. And I will not be going back to you, so you could feed me to death, itself!", I finally say. I then turned around to walk away, but Joey placed his hands on my shoulders to stop me. "Genesis, please-", he said as I pushed him off me. "No! Joey, leave!", I threatened him with my wand. He tried to explain himself again, but my eyes started to turn black again. I then waved my wand, and used a curse on him. That got him to leave me alone finally. "Get away from me!", I shouted at him while feeling more angrier. As I saw Joey running away, I closed my eyes and started to feel a bit weird. My eyes were back to there normal dark brown color, and my dark thoughts were going away, apparently. As I looked up to see what was going on, I saw Joey running back to the group in the distance. "What happened?... *Gasp* No... I-I remember now what happened... No... Joey!...", I told myself while looking at my reflection on a broken piece of a mirror. I looked at how hideous I was, and began to cry after realizing what just happened. "What have I done?...", I asked myself.