eight.

𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃 found the Botanical Gardens and parked my car in the furthest space that I could find

𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃 found the Botanical Gardens and parked my car in the furthest space that I could find. I was sat in the driver's seat as my music played quietly through the speakers. During my drive here, I kept on wondering how tonight would play out, it always ended up going badly.

But at least for right now, I had Harry Styles' music to somewhat dull the pain of existence.

I grabbed my travel-sized bottle of perfume out of my bag and spritzed it over my upper body. A part of me in incredulity at how much effort I was making for some idiot that I was being forced to hang out with.

As I looked deep into the distance, I could just make out a hint of the colourful lights decorating the fenced-off gardens. I had seen photos of this place online, and it looked gorgeous. The event showcased different themes of nature and aboriginal culture with light shows in different parts of the gardens.

And apparently trailing outside of the gardens on the way out was this hang-out area full of food places and fun activities and... was that a large Ferris wheel I could just see behind the trees?

God, they really went full out for this, hey.

Ding.

My eyes flickered down to my phone at the sound of its chime and the bright flash of the screen turning on.

I sent a quick reply telling him that I was on my way before going onto my photos where the screenshot of the online ticket was, just so I had it ready when showing it to the entry person

I got out of the nice air-conditioned car and started walking to the entry gate, following the people as I had my long hair pooling down my shoulders in the darkest brown waves, in hopes of trying to hide my face.

There were a lot of people. I hoped that nobody recognizes me tonight. The parts of the garden that weren't lit up with colours helped to keep my face unrecognizable because it just shadowed my features, which was good.