twenty-seven.

𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄 was still half-asleep during the drive to work

𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄 was still half-asleep during the drive to work. I had tried to wake her mind up by playing the music from the Bluetooth really loud but as I said, the girl could sleep as snug as a bug through a damn hurricane and not be disturbed from her snooze.

I aspired to be like her.

"We can't go on together, with suspicious minds!" I sang out without a care to the Elvis song that I had played, my lower half shifting from side to side as I danced in my seat.

The nerf gun that I had brought with me was sitting in my lap, and whenever the car stopped at a red light, I would shoot Brie with one of the foam bullets to keep her awake.

"Sing it with me, Brie!" I shouted out to the sleeping girl next to me and as expected, got no response. "And we can't build our dreams, on suspicious minds!"

It was still dark when we eventually rocked up to work. Brie had woken up finally and was silently looking out the window sleepily, fighting to keep her eyes open as I parked the car in an available space.

It was quite busy, but this was nothing compared to how busy it will be later on. We had a full day of filming ahead of us. But I believe it will glide on smoothly; today was different compared to most days of filming. I had Dacre, who I was very excited to see and was finally doing a small scene with him after waiting for bloody yonks; I had Brie, who was my best friend who I was going to spend the whole day at work with so that was just ultimately a win; and then I had Austin, the man that always managed to set off butterflies in my belly.

I was nervous to see him.

For no reason at all.

He made me feel all giddy inside.

"So where are we going now?" Brie asked, her voice grumbly and laced with sleep as she rubbed her finger under her eye.

"We're gonna go to my trailer quickly to drop our stuff off and then we can go see if Dacre's here if you want," I told her as I grabbed my bag from the backseat.

"No. Not when I look like an ugly rat," Brie let out and unbuckled her seatbelt with a scowl.

"You look like a beautiful rat," I told her and reached for the door handle, letting my hand linger there as I looked at her, "You ready?"

"I think I'm gonna shit my pants," Brie claimed.

I snickered and opened the door, muttering a, "You'll be okay," To her as I climbed out of the car.

The morning air was warm and the gentle breeze of it brushed against my skin, sending a calming feeling through my body. I heard Brie's door close a second before mine did and I rounded the car to meet with her again.

On our way to my trailer, we walked past crew members as they hurried around to get everything perfectly ready. Brie was amazed at everything that was going around us, and it brought a smile to my face to see it. In the early days, I was like that, but I guess I had just gotten used to it.