Shooting Stars

A.N.: Hello! This is my first one-shot ever! It's a bit cheesy but I hope you like it!

Harry sat on the cold grass, laying against a tree. Hermione and Ron were already asleep in the tent but he couldn't sleep. He couldn't stop thinking about a certain red headed, wondering where she was, what she was doing and, the most important, how she was.

Unable to get her out of his head, Harry got up an got in the tent. He scoured through his old backpack until he found the object he was looking for, an old piece of parchment.

He took the piece of parchment back to where was previously sitting and took out his wand.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." He muttered.

Harry watched as the words formed and unfolded it. His eyes wandered through the map, searching for the name that would confort him, the name that would show him that she was still there, that he still had something worth fighting for.

After a few moments, he found it, there it was: Ginny Weasley, very still in the Gryffindor common room. Harry sighed in relief and stared at that name while questions formed in his head: Is she awake? Does she think of me too? Is she okay? Is she being hurt?

Harry stared at that name and Ginny's image formed in his head. He saw her flaming red hair, her chocolate brown eyes, her lips curled up in that smile that always made his stomach twist, those lips he missed so much.

He then started imagining everything was alright, they were together and Voldemort was defeated. People weren't dying everyday and he could have the peace he always longed for. Yeah, the perfect scenario. Unfortunately, that wasn't the reality, that was war.

Harry finally took his eyes off the piece of parchment and looked up at the sky. There was a full moon, the night sky was clear, full of beautiful shining stars.

Suddenly, something moving on the sky caught his attention: it was a shooting star. One of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. It stood out from the other stars because its shine was stronger than any of the other stars, even with everything that was going on, it kept shining, it was strong enough to keep going, to keep moving. That was one of the things he loved in Ginny Weasley, one of the reasons he loved her. Her strength. The strength that kept him from giving up, the strength he felt everytime he thought of her.
____________________________________

Far away from that, more precisely, in the Gryffindor common room, Ginny Weasley sat on an armchair next to the window.

She couldn't sleep, and the reason for that was a certain boy with messy black hair. She kept thinking about him. Where is he? Is he okay? Is he awake? Is he thinking of me?

Suddenly, she felt warmth go through all her body. It was a strange feeling, she felt she was being observed, but not in the creepy way. She felt someone was looking out for her.

Ginny's lips curled up in a smile. She didn't know what that warmth meant, but she felt suddenly safer. It wasn't the first time she felt like that, it had happened many times since Harry, Hermione and Ron left.

She looked out the window at a shooting star caught her attention. That felt like a sign. That felt like she wasn't alone that night, like she wasn't the only one feeling that, like there was someone else who was longing for the same thing she was.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A.N.: I hoped you liked it! If you did, please vote! ♡