Rocks on the Window

POC

This was the sound that woke Ginny up in the morning of the 11th August 1998. She lifted her head from her pillow enough to look around the bedroom and, seeing nothing that could possibly have caused that sound, Ginny leaned back and had just closed her eyes when...

POC

This time she got up, rubbing her face as she walked to the window, still sleepy. Just as she opened it, something came into the bedroom and Ginny was able to dodge it just in time. She picked it up from the floor, it was a small rock, just like the ones they had on the ground around the Burrow. Looking outside the window, Ginny saw a tall boy with round glasses and messy black hair, Harry.

She hadn't talked to him much since the war ended. Harry had been distant, probably feeling guilty and Ginny had tried to talk to him, several times but would always avoid it. In that moment, when they spent time together, they acted like nothing had ever happened between them, and Ginny didn't like that at all.

She bent over the window to look at the boy standing outside, looking up, with another small rock on his hand.

"Why the hell are throwing rocks at my window??" She yelled.

"Sorry, it's a muggle thing." He yelled back, letting the rock fall to the ground.

"Muggles are weird."

"Yeah, I know. Anyway... I... Happy Birthday, Ginny!"

"Happy- what??" She said, more to herself.

"11th of August, your birthday!"

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about that." With everything going on, her birthday wasn't something she thought about much.

"Well... can you come down?" He asked.

"Down there? What time is it?"

"Let's say it's a bit earlier than when you usually wake up... So... will you?"

"Okay, okay, give me a minute."

About ten minutes later, Ginny was outside in a simple red tank top and jean shorts. It was a sunny summer morning something that didn't happen in 2 weeks.

Harry was seating on the ground, his back against the wall.

"I'm here!" She said, making him stand up.

"Can we... take a walk?" He asked nervously.

"Hum... sure."

They started to walk towards the orchard, where the Weasley siblings, and even Harry, had played quidditch so many times. Nobody talked, until they reached the orchard, when Harry stopped a d turned to Ginny.

"Ginny, listen, I want... I need to tell you something. Please don't say anything until I'm done okay?"

Ginny could tell he was really worried, about whatever he was going to say, so she just nodded.

"I know I've been super distant lately, but that's just because I can't help but feel guilty everytime I'm with you, when I see your mum, or George, or anyone, I can't help but think that  if it wasn't for me, all those people would still be here, Fred would still be here."

"Harry-" Ginny started, but he cut her off.

"Wait, let me finish. The guilt that I've been feeling this last few months is overwhelming, and I thought that maybe, if I got distant, I would be able to just forget you, and you'd forget about me too." He stared at his feet while he talked. "And I tried, but I realised it hurts even more to be away from you. Nobody ever got me the way that you did and I just- I get this numbing pain whenever were apart and I can't stand that. I miss you, Gin." After finishing, Harry looked up, waiting for her reaction, whether it was good or bad, he just had to get that out.

"You're such an idiot, Harry" She finally said.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"You should already know that what happened was not your fault. I don't blame you, mum doesn't blame you, George doesn't blame you, and neither does anyone in this family. Harry, Fred and everyone that died in this war was aware of what they were doing they knew about the risks and everything that could happen and still, they wanted to join you, we all wanted." She explained.

"I would never forgive myself if you had... You know..."

"Harry it was not your fault, okay? It was Voldemort's. Him and his Death Eaters killed those people, not you. And you don't have to worry about what could have happened because it didn't, I'm right here." She grabbed his hand with both her hands. "And don't you ever say it was your fault again, okay?"

"Okay." He said, looking down again. "I have something for you." He took a small paper package out of his pocket and holding it out to Ginny.

She took it and unwrapped it, revealing a simple silver necklace, with a little heart and a lightning bolt in it.

"Harry, it's beautiful,  thank you so much!" She said, turning around, giving it to him, and holding her hair so he could put it around her neck.

"I love you so much, Gin. Do you think you can take me back?" He asked nervously.

"Of course, Harry!" She said, hugging him. "I missed you." She muttered.

They pulled away slightly, his arms still wrapped around each other. They smiled, happy they were finally back together, it was everything they both wanted and had been waiting for for so long. Harry close the gap between them by placing his lips on Ginny's and she quickly kissed back.

It felt right, like nothing in the world could ruin that perfect moment.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A.N.: Today (11th August) is Ginny's birthday so I decided to write this :) I hope you liked it, if you did, please vote! ❤