Broomsticks

Harry's POV

I look at James, who's playing with a broom (a regular one, not a magical one) and sigh. I then look outside the window to our broom shed (with the magical ones).

No. I can't. Ginny said very explicitly that she doesn't want our 4 year old kid riding flying broomsticks. She says he's not able to do it without falling yet.

But Ginny isn't here. She went with little Albus visiting Hermione who's also pregnant. Although it's her third pregnancy and Hermione's second, pregnant women always need to talk to someone who understand them and know what they're going through, she said.

But no, Ginny's right. He hasn't enough balance to ride a broomstick yet, he could fall and get hurt, I don't want that to happen.

But it would be so fun and cute... And I would always be right next to him, making sure nothing happened to him and he would always fly right above the ground. Nothing could go wrong.

Right?

Right.

"James, buddy, you wouldn't tell mommy if we did something really, really cool, would you?"

"Hum... I don't think so..."

"That's my boy! I mean, of course you can't do what mommy tells you not to, but in this case it's something really fun and you're doing it with daddy. Plus, mommy won't know, right?"

"Hum... Right. But, daddy, what are we doing?"

"Oh, we're riding a broomstick! Isn't that fun?" I say picking James up from the floor.

"Yeah!" James says giggling.

"Let's go!" I say, making my way to the broom shed.

I let James down and pick up one of the broomsticks.

"Okay, now James, you're gonna put the broom cable in the middle of your legs, just like you've watched mommy do it." I hand him the broomstick and James does as I say.

"Good. Now, push the ground with your feet, just like you do when you jump." James does it and lifts some inches.

"Look daddy! I'm flying!" He says, very excited.

"Wow, James! You're doing great! Now, try tilting the broomstick a little to the left."

"Okay, daddy!" James tilts the broomstick, but not just a little. I run to catch him as James falls of the broomstick. Right when he as about to hit the ground, I manage to catch him.

"Are you alright, James?" I ask worriedly.

"I'm okay, daddy. It was so fun!" James says and starts laughing.

"Well, it's good mommy wasn't here." I say with a chuckle. But my smile vanishes when I see James's surprised and a bit scared face looking behind me.

Oh Merlin. I'm doomed.

"Mommy is right behind him, isn't she?" I ask, already knowing and fearing the answer.

"Oh, she certainly is. And she is not very happy." A feminine voice says. A voice I could recognize anywhere. My wife's voice.

"Gin, have I told you that you look gorgeous today, and every day, and that I love you so much?"

"Oh, daddy..."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A.N.: What do you think happened to him?

I hope you liked this one-shot! If you liked, please vote!