1

My parents met in the year 1955 and they got married and in the year 1956. A year later they had me, their first and only child. I don't remember much from the first three years but I do remember from age four to now.

My father is one of the most brilliant and passionate man I had ever known. He had a dream that... I never really understood. He thought that people like him and people like my mother could coexists, but I still question it.

My mother is a well known lawyer. She didn't know about mutants until she and my father married and even then it was five years before he told her the truth.

They met at a bar in Germany, my mother was a holocaust survivor and she was doing a lecture about the pain and suffering it caused Jews. My father was there doing a thesis on mutation. They talked for sometime and then slowly started to date. A year later they where married and then my mother found out she was pregnant with me.

I was born a month early and weighed 5 pounds and 6 ounces.

"What should we name her?" My mother asked as she cradled me in her arms.

"What about... Cassandra.... Cassandra Xavier." My father said as he gently took me from my mothers arms.

He smiled down at me and gently rocked me back and forth.

"She is so beautiful." He whispered as he held me.

My mother sent him a small smile as she watched him kiss my forehead and lay me down in my crib. My mother soon left the room leaving me with my father.

The door soon opened and he turned to see my aunt walk in.

"Raven come meet your niece." He said with a smile as he picked me back up.

She bit her lip and walked up to him. He handed me to her and she smiled softly.

"She is beautiful." Raven whispered.

"Show her your true face... she should know what her aunt truly looks like."

Raven looked up at him shocked and then down at me. She closed her eyes and her face shifted. She waited for crying, but it never came. She opened her eyes and felt tears stream down her face as I latched into her hair and smiled up to her. My father sent her a smile and nodded his head.

As the months past my father spent most of his time watching and taking care of me while my mother went from place to place.

"How do you do it?" My mom asked as she watched him feed me.

"It's a gift." He said with a chuckle.

"Wish I had it..... you know...... I keep imagining what she is going to look like when she gets older." She said softly.

"She will probably have my gorgeous hair." He said as he ran a finger through his hair.

She smacked his shoulder playfully and he let out a laugh.

"I already know what she will look like.... she will have my brown hair..... it will be long..... her eyes will be a light green like yours... and she will have the most beautiful smile... she will blind people with it." He said with a chuckle.

He smiled down at me and let out a sigh.

"But most of all.... she is going to be kind." He said softly.

As the years passed I slowly took the figure my father had seen. At the age of four I had long light brown hair with hazel eyes. I had a normal childhood up until I hit the age of five and my father brought a group of people to the house.

"Everyone meet my wife Gabrielle and this spitfire is my daughter.... Cassandra." My father said as he picked me up.

"Hi." I said as I waved to them.

"Hello... my name is Erik." One of them said with a smile.

"I'm Cassandra." I said with a smile.

"She is beautiful." Erik said softly.

"Watch it Erik she is a trouble maker." My Aunt said with a laugh.

I smiled as I reached for my aunt and she took me from my dad's arms.

"Aunty Rae Rae!" I exclaimed as I hugged her.

"Hey trouble maker." She said as she hugged me tightly.

It wasn't long before I became close to them, but my mother soon started to ask questions, questions my father wasn't ready for.

"Why have you brought mutants to the house?" Mom asked as she glared at dad.

"I have my reasons." He said as he flipped through a book.

"Are.... are you like them?"

He let out a sigh and put his book down before looking up at her. I listened from outside the door and held my breath as I waited for his answer.

".... yes." He said softly.

"You lied to me!" She yelled angrily.

"Gabrielle..... I didn't lie-"

"Yes you did! How could you not tell me..... that you're a...... a freak! Oh god! What if Cassandra is like you?" She asked through tears.

"Then she will be given a gift that few know of." A deep voice said.

"Erik.... don't." My father warned.

"Don't what? This woman is insulting our kind.... and there is no telling what she is thinking about Cassy."

"Cassandra... not Cassy." My mother growled out.

"I'll call her what I wish." Erik said angrily.

"Okay both of you need to settle down." My Aunt said softly.

"Don't tell me what to do.... I can't believe you could lie to me as well..... tell me Cassandra hasn't seen you like.... like this?" My mother asked angrily.

"Enough! Cassandra is outside the door...." My father said softly.

The door opened and my aunt stepped out. She sent me a small smile and gently picked me up.

"Come on let's get you to bed." Raven said as she led me to my room.

"Why is mommy yelling at daddy?" I asked with a frown.

"She is just mad that he kept a big secret from her." She said as she laid me on the bed.

"Why is she so mad? I keep secrets from mommy and she never gets mad at me." I asked as I fixed my covers.

"This one was.... different.... She is trying to process it... don't worry I promise everything will be fine." She said as she sent me a smile.

"Looks like bedtime for someone." Erik said as he walked into the room.

"Can you tell me a story Uncle Erik?" I asked softly.

"Anything you want, Cassy." He said as he set beside me.

Raven sent him a smile and we both listened as he told me a story about knights and princesses.

"Do you promise to not leave?" I asked as I looked at both of them.

"Neither of us plan on going anywhere." He said with a small smile.

I nodded my head and rolled over on my side, my aunt kissed my forehead and fixed my cover before standing up and leaving the room with Erik. I smiled as I heard the door shut and I closed my eyes and fell asleep.