3

I wasn't allowed to go to a normal school until the year 1971 when I was thirteen years old, and about to turn fourteen... and I didn't realize it then, but my whole life was going to change that first day.

I bit my lip as I walked beside Daniel into the school building.

"It's going to be fine." He said as he sent me a smile.

"What if I get picked on? What if I start a fight?"

"Everyone is going to love you. And if you start a fight then I'm one call away." He said as he ruffled my hair up.

I smiled as I rolled my eyes and followed behind him. We soon made it to a door and a woman with short blonde hair stepped out.

"You must be Cassandra, I'm your English teacher Mrs. Turner." She said with a smile.

"Cassandra." I said softly.

"How about you go on inside and stand in front. I'm right behind you." She said with a smile.

"I'll pick you up after school is over." Daniel said as he sent me a smile and a thumbs up.

I walked inside and held my breath as I stopped in front of the teachers desk.

"Everyone I would like to introduce Cassandra Xavier, she is a new student here and I want you all to say hello." Mrs. Turner said softly.

"Hello Cassandra." Most of them said.

"Cassandra how about you go take that empty seat beside Peter." She said softly.

I looked towards the seat and saw a kid with silver hair. He had on a grey t-shirt and black pants with tennis shoes. I slowly walked to the empty seat beside him and set down.

"Hi... names Peter." He said as he sent me a smile.

"Cassandra." I said as I took my tablet out.

For the remainder of the class it was spent with Peter asking me questions and me trying to ignore him.

"Do you ever shut up?" I asked as he followed me out of the class.

"No." He said calmly.

"Listen I'm sure you are nice, but I'm not looking to make friends, I just want today over with." I said as I turned to walk away.

"You gotta have at least one friend."

"No I don't."

"Why do you not want a friend?"

"They will just leave."

"Well I'm following you to your next class knowing that my next class is in the other direction." He said with a smile.

"Please just leave me alone." I said as I looked away.

I felt the swish of wind and turned to see that he was gone. I let out a sigh and shook my head as I walked to my class. It wasn't long before school was over and I was stuck waiting for Daniel.

"Looks like the new girl's parents aren't coming to get her." A voice said.

"Poor thing, guess she is a freak like Peter."

"Bet they made her go to school so they wouldn't have to see her ugly face."

"She is such a idiot."