7

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday idiot! Happy birthday to you!" I sang with Wanda.

"I hate both of you." Peter said with a pout.

"No you don't." I said as I kissed his cheek.

"Make a wish." His mom said as she held the cake out.

"We all already know my wish. It's for-"

"If you say it out loud it won't happen." I said quickly.

"True." He said as he closed his eyes and blew his candles out.

After we ate I walked towards the park with Peter.

"Sixteen years old.... what will you do now?" I asked with a smile.

"Don't know... might move out."

"Let's be realistic." I said with a laugh.

"I am! I'll probably move out... win your heart. We get married and then have two kids."

"What if I want three?"

"We can have as many as you want." He said with a smile.

I let out a laugh and smiled as we walked inside and went to the basement. It wasn't long before I had to return home and I let out a groan as I walked up to my room and plopped down on my bed.

"How was the party?" Daniel asked as he walked into the room.

"It was fun. Messed with Peter a little and then we played video games before I had to go home." I said softly.

"Ever gonna fell him how you feel?"

"Maybe one day... but not right now."

"You'll see that you are going to kick your self for waiting so long.... He is a good guy." He said with a small smile.

"So where are you going?"

"Have a dinner registration with your mother. Left you money to order pizza." He said with a smile.

"Thanks. I'll make sure David doesn't go sneak out." I said with a laugh.

"He is 7, he isn't going anywhere." He said with a laugh.

"Yet. Wait ten years and he will be sneaking out too."

"What do you mean too?"

"I sneak out all the time.... Peter bribes me wit slushes." I said with a laugh.

"You are horrible." He said as he shook his head.

They soon left and I ordered a pizza for me and David. I smiled as I watched David play his video game. When I heard a knock on the door I stood up and opened it.

"Pizza?" He asked calmly.

"Yes Thank you." I said as I gave him the money before taking the box.

"Have a good day ma'am." He said as he turned and walked back to his car.

"Safe trip back! It looks like it's going to rain!" I yelled before I shut the door.

I smiled as I plopped down on the couch beside David and handed him a piece. I smiled as I flipped through the channels and we started to watch The Muppet Show. Soon I heard the door unlocked and I smiled as Daniel and mom walked in.

"Why isn't he in bed?" Mom asked with a frown.

"What? You aren't in bed? I thought he went up a hour ago." I said shocked.

"Lier, bedtime mini me." Daniel said as he picked up David.

"Cas help the giant is trying to capture me!" David yelled.

"Unhand him monster!" I said as I jumped on Daniel's back.

We all burst out laughing as Daniel carried us upstairs and threw us on the bed.

"Alright you pesky kids, bed time." He said with a smile.

"Good night giant." I said as I let out a laugh.

"Night, Love you guys." He said as he turned off he light and walked out.

"Cas will you sleep beside me?" David asked softly.

"Sure thing monkey." I said as he snuggled into my side.

A few days later I was left home alone again, when mom and Daniel took David to Paris for business. I decided that while they were gone for the month I would spend my time at Peters.

"Scoot over Speedy." I said as I plopped down beside Peter.

"This is my couch."

"Don't care I'm cold." I said as I laid my head on his shoulder.

He let out a laugh and wrapped his arm around me and flipped the tv on. I smiled as we watched it for awhile before the news came on.

"This just in a group of Arab assassins have made an attack on a Jewish family." The news man said calmly.

"Turn it up." I said as I set up straight.

"A family of three came to Paris with the intention of helping Paris was attacked. Sadly there was only two survivors of the Shomron family.

"Did he just Shomron family?" I asked as fear crossed my mind.

"I'm sure there is a hundred people in Paris with that last name." Peter said as he bit his lip.

I pulled my phone out and quickly dialed my mothers number.

"Come on." I whispered as I started to pace back and forth.

"42 year old Daniel Shomron was in his apartment with 7 year old David Shomron when four gunmen broke in."

I felt my phone hit the ground and I quickly covered my mouth as I held back a sob.

"The four gunmen along with their leader was killed when some type of blast hit them... but sadly it was to late, for one of the Shomron's."

"Which one? Which one was it?" I asked as I went up to the tv.

I heard a voice on my phone and I quickly picked it up.

"Mom! Are you okay?" I asked as I heard her voice.

"I'm fine."

"They said one of you was killed."

When she didn't reply I felt my heart shatter.

"Mom...... is Daniel okay?"

When I didn't get a reply I felt tears start to stream down my face.

"Daniel Shomron was killed after using his own body to shield his son's body. Doctors say that if Daniel hadn't of done this that both he and David would have been killed..... this just in, David Shomron the seven year old boy, for reasons unknown, has just went into a coma."

I felt the phone hit the ground and Peter quickly rushed up to my side as I hit the ground in tears.